READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO ASSEMBLE, INSTALL, OPERATE OR MAINTAIN THE PRODUCT DESCRIBED. PROTECT
YOURSELF AND OTHERS BY OBSERVING ALL SAFETY INFORMATION. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH
INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE!
RETAIN INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
GENERAL SAFETY INFORMATION
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions
should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire,
electric shock and injury to person, including the following:
WARNING: DO NOT CONNECT POWER SUPPLY UNTIL FAN
IS COMPLETELY INSTALLED. MAKE SURE ELECTRICAL SERVICE
TO THE FAN IS LOCKED IN OFF POSITION.
1. Read all instructions before installing or using exhaust fan.
2. Use this unit only in the manner intended by the manufacturer.
If you have questions, contact the manufacturer.
3. Before servicing or cleaning the unit, switch power off at
service panel and lock the service disconnecting means to
prevent power from being switched on accidentally. When
the service disconnecting means cannot be locked, securely
fasten a prominent warning device, such as a tag, to the
4. Installation work and electrical wiring must be done by
qualified person(s) in accordance with all applicable codes
and standards, including fire-related construction.
5. Sufficient air is needed for proper combustion and exhausting
of gases through the flue (chimney) of fuel burning equipment
to prevent back drafting. Follow the heating equipment
manufacturer’s guideline and safety standards such as those
published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
and the American Society for Heating, Refrigeration, and Air
Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), and the local code authorities.
CAUTION: FOR GENERAL VENTILATING USE ONLY. DO
NOT USE TO EXHAUST HAZARDOUS OR EXPLOSIVE MATERIALS
Models: AIK14XL, AIK26YL, AIG46HL,
AIG46F, AIK14XF, AIK26YF
5S7635037 New 10-06
In-Line Exhaust Fan
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
6. When cutting or drilling into wall or ceiling, do not damage
electrical wiring and other hidden utilities.
7. Ducted fans must always be vented to the outdoors.
8. To avoid motor bearing damage and noisy and/or unbalanced
impellers, keep drywall spray, construction dust, etc. off
9. Acceptable for use over a bathtub or shower when installed
in a GFCI protected branch circuit.
10. Suitable for use with solid-state speed control.
11. This unit has rotating parts and safety precautions should be
exercised during installation, operation and maintenance.
12. Guards must be installed when fan is within reach of personnel
or within seven (7) feet of working level or when deemed
advisable for safety.
13. NEVER place a switch where it can be reached from a tub or
14. Do not insert or allow fingers or foreign objects to enter the
WARNING: DO NOT USE IN KITCHENS
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS -
1 of 16