Instructions / Assembly
READ AND SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
READ CAREFULLY BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO ASSEMBLE, INSTALL, OPERATE OR MAINTAIN THE PRODUCT DESCRIBED. PROTECT
YOURSELF AND OTHERS BY OBSERVING ALL SAFETY INFORMATION. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH
INSTRUCTIONS COULD RESULT IN PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE!
RETAIN INSTRUCTIONS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
GENERAL SAFETY INFORMATION
When using electrical appliances, basic precautions
should always be followed to reduce the risk of fire,
electric shock and injury to person, including the following:
1. Read all instructions before installing or using exhaust fan.
2. Use this unit only in the manner intended by the manufacturer.
If you have questions, contact the manufacturer.
3. Before servicing or cleaning the unit, switch power off at
service panel and lock the service disconnecting means to
prevent power from being switched on accidentally. When
the service disconnecting means cannot be locked, securely
fasten a prominent warning device, such as a tag, to the
4. Installation work and electrical wiring must be done by
qualified person(s) in accordance with all applicable codes
and standards, including fire-related construction.
5. Sufficient air is needed for proper combustion and exhausting
of gases through the flue (chimney) of fuel burning equipment
to prevent back drafting. Follow the heating equipment
manufacturer’s guideline and safety standards such as those
published by the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
and the American Society for Heating, Refrigeration, and Air
Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), and the local code authorities.
CAUTION: FOR GENERAL VENTILATING USE ONLY. DO
NOT USE TO EXHAUST HAZARDOUS OR EXPLOSIVE MATERIALS
210952012 Rev. B 8-06
Exhaust Fan with Light
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
6. When cutting or drilling into wall or ceiling, do not damage
electrical wiring and other hidden utilities.
7. Ducted fans must always be vented to the outdoors.
8. This unit must be grounded.
9. To avoid motor bearing damage and noisy and/or unbalanced
impellers, keep drywall spray, construction dust, etc. off
WARNING: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE, ELECTRIC SHOCK,
DO NOT USE THIS FAN WITH ANY SOLID-STATE SPEED CONTROL
10. Acceptable for use over a bathtub or shower when installed
in a GFCI protected branch circuit.
11. NEVER place a switch where it can be reached from a tub or
WARNING: DO NOT USE IN KITCHENS
IMPORTANT INSTRUCTIONS -
1 of 12