Your range hood is equipped with a fuse located inside the wire compartment. To replace
the fuse, turn the fuse cap located next to the wire connector counter clockwise and pull
out. Replace with a Bussman MDA-3 or equivalent 125-Volt, 1.5 Amp Max. fuse. Reinstall
the fuse back into the hood.
CAUTION: MAKE SURE POWER IS SWITCHED OFF AT SERVICE PANEL
BEFORE SERVICING THE UNIT.
Grease Filter - Included with your range hood is an aluminum grease ﬁlter that should
be washed in hot water with detergent once a month. Reverse the instructions in the
“Finishing the Installation” section of the instructions to remove ﬁlter. If the grease ﬁlter
becomes damaged, replace with Air King Model GF-08S Grease Filter.
Charcoal Odor Filter - If you have installed an optional combination grease/charcoal
ﬁlter, it cannot be washed and must be discarded and replaced when it becomes
noticeably dirty, has stopped ﬁltering the odors, or at least once per year. Replace with
Air King Model CF-08S Combination Odor/Grease Filter.
6728010 New 12-12 4 of 12
Trouble Probable Cause Suggested Remedy
1. Hood does not operate when the switch is on. 1a. A fuse may be blown or a circuit tripped. 1a. Replace fuse or reset circuit breaker.
1b. Wiring is not connected properly. 1b. Turn off power to unit. Check that all wires are connected.
2. Hood is operating, but air moves slower than normal. 2. Obstruction in the exhaust ducting. 2. Check for any obstructions in the ducting including ﬁlter.
3. Hood is making a rattling noise. 3a. Filters are loose. 3a. Turn off power to unit. Check that all ﬁlter are securely in place.
3b. Duct connection is loose. 3b. Turn off power to unit. Check that duct connection is tight.
CAUTION: DO NOT USE GASOLINE, BENZINE, THINNER, HARSH
CLEANSERS, ETC., AS THEY MAY DAMAGE THE RANGE HOOD.
1. Clean your range hood with a mild detergent, such as dishwashing liquid, and
dry with a soft cloth. NEVER USE ANY ABRASIVE PADS OR SCOURING POWDERS.
Completely dry before restoring power. NEVER IMMERSE ELECTRICAL PARTS IN
2. The fan assembly can be vacuumed when build up (dirt, lint, etc.) accumulates over
time. The fan is permanently lubricated and does not require oiling.