6728005 New 2-05
1. Unpack hood from the carton and confirm that all pieces are present.
In addition to the range hood you should have:
1 - Aluminum Grease Filter
1 - 3-1/4"x 10" Damper
3 - Damper Mounting Screws
4 - #8 Mounting Screws
1 - Instruction/Safety Sheet
2. Lay the hood flat on a table so the underside is facing you. Use a
piece of cardboard to avoid damaging the table or the hood.
3. Remove wire compartment cover screw and then lamp cover by
squeezing the sides inward, removing it from the tabs located on
the hood (Figure 1).
4. Install a 60 watt maximum type A15 bulb and reinstall the lamp cover.
Prepare the location for Hood Support
1. If the hood will be installed under cabinets that have a recessed
bottom, it will be necessary to install wood mounting strips (not
included) so the hood will mount properly (Figure 2).
2. The thickness of the strips should be the same as the recess of the
cabinet and they should be approximately 2" wide.
3. Install the strips using appropriate length wood screws (not included).
Make sure the strips line up to the keyhole slots of the range hood.
Prepare the Hood for Installation
1. Choose the type of ducting you will require. This model is equipped
to vent either Vertically or Horizontally through a 3-1/4" x 10" duct.
It can be modified to be ductless (re-circulates the air back into
the kitchen) with the addition of a model RF34 Charcoal Filter (not
included) or vented through a 7" round duct with the addition of a
model E-22a or RDC7 Duct Collar (not included) (Figure 3).
2a. Horizontal or Vertical - Remove the square knockout by inserting
a screw driver under the edge and break the tabs holding it in place.
Peel back with pliers (Figure 4).
Ductless - Lift up and remove the hood’s vent insert located behind
the grill, exposing the front air slots. Do not use a screwdriver or
any other object that could scratch the hood (Figure 4).
2c. 7" Round - Remove the round knockout located on the top of the
hood by inserting a screw driver under the edge and break the tabs
holding it in place. Peel back with pliers (Figure 4).
3. Determine where the electrical service will enter the hood and
remove the appropriate electrical knockout by inserting a screw
driver into the slot and rocking back and forth until the knockout
comes loose (Figure 4).
CAUTION: MAKE SURE POWER IS SWITCHED OFF AT SERVICE
PANEL BEFORE STARTING INSTALLATION.
Installing the Range Hood
1. Once the proper knockout(s) have been removed, either hold the hood
up to the installation location and mark the locations of the ducting,
electrical, and mounting holes or mark the locations by measurement.
2. Cut appropriate holes for ducting connection and electrical
connection in the wall/cabinet.
3. For 3-1/4" x 10" vertical or horizontal ducting, install the damper
assembly to the hood by sliding the tabbed section of the damper
under the hood body and securing with the two provided screws.
For 7" round ducting, secure either a model E-22A or RCD7 Duct Collar
(not included) to the hood with the three provided screws (Figure 5).
Horizontal Vertical Ductless