MAKE SURE POWER IS SWITCHED OFF AT SERVICE PANEL BEFORE
Preparing the Range Hood
1. Unpack hood from the carton and conﬁrm that all pieces are present. In addition to the
range hood you should have:
1 - Aluminum Grease Filter
1 - 3-1/4"x 10" Damper
3 - Damper Mounting Screws
4 - #8 Mounting Screws
1 - Wire Compartment Cover and Screw
1 - Instruction/Safety Sheet
NOTE: Some hoods may be shipped with a protective plastic adhered to the range hood. It is
recommended to leave this in place during installation to protect the hood from scratching.
Remove when the installation is complete.
2. Lay the hood ﬂat on a table so the underside is facing you. Use a piece of cardboard to
avoid damaging the table or the hood.
3. Remove lamp cover by squeezing the two tabs together (Figure 1):
4. Install a 60 watt maximum type A19 bulb and reinstall the lamp cover.
Prepare the location for Hood Support
1. If the hood will be installed under cabinets that have a recessed bottom, it will be
necessary to install wood mounting strips (not included) so the hood will mount properly
2. The thickness of the strips should be the same as the recess of the cabinet and they
should be approximately 2" wide.
3. Install the strips using appropriate length wood screws (not included). Make sure the
strips line up to the keyhole slots of the range hood.
6728005 Rev. D 11-12 2 of 12
Prepare the Hood for Installation
1. Choose the type of ducting you will require. This model is equipped to vent either
Vertically or Horizontally through a 3-1/4" x 10" duct. It can be modiﬁed to be ductless
(re-circulates the air back into the kitchen) with the addition of a model CF-06S Charcoal
Filter (not included) or vented through a 7" round duct with the addition of a model E-22a
or RDC7 Duct Collar (not included) (Figure 3).
2a. Horizontal or Vertical - Remove the square knockout by inserting a screw driver under the
edge and break the tabs holding it in place. Peel back with pliers (Figure 4).
2b. Ductless - Lift up and remove the hood’s vent insert located behind the grill, exposing
the front air slots. Do not use a screwdriver or any other object that could scratch the
hood (Figure 4).
2c. 7" Round - Remove the round knockout located on the top of the hood by inserting a
screw driver under the edge and break the tabs holding it in place. Peel back with pliers
3. Determine where the electrical service will enter the hood and remove the appropriate
electrical knockout by inserting a screw driver into the slot and rocking back and forth until the
knockout comes loose (Figure 4).
Installing the Range Hood
CAUTION: MAKE SURE POWER IS SWITCHED OFF AT SERVICE PANEL BEFORE
1. Once the proper knockout(s) have been removed, either hold the hood up to the installation
location and mark the locations of the ducting (if applicable), electrical, and mounting holes
or mark the locations by measurement.
2. Cut appropriate holes for ducting connection (if applicable) and electrical connection in the
3. For 3-1/4" x 10" vertical or horizontal ducting, install the damper assembly to the hood by
sliding the tabbed section of the damper under the hood body and securing with the two
provided screws. For 7" round ducting, secure either a model E-22A or RCD7 Duct Collar
(not included) to the hood with the three provided screws (Figure 5).
Horizontal Vertical Ductless