5. Raise top chimney in place over horizontal mounting bracket and secure in place
with the two included #6 x 3/8" screws (Figure 8).
Finishing the Installation
1. Install the appropriate ﬁlters.
Charcoal Filters: If the range hood will be run ductless, remove and discard the
grease ﬁlters that were included with the unit and install model BCCF-02 charcoal
Grease Filters: If the range hood will be vented to the exterior of the home, install
the grease ﬁlters supplied with the hood by sliding tab at rear of ﬁlter into slot in
hood. While holding in handle of ﬁlter, lift ﬁlter into palce and release handle. the
ﬁlter should snap securely into place (Figure 9).
2. Install two MR16, GU10 Base 50W maximum Halogen lamps by inserting lamp into
socket and turning clockwise slightly until ﬁrmly seated. DO NOT over tighten.
3. Remove any protective plastic adhered to the range hood.
4. Turn switches to the OFF ( • ) position and restore power. Test that the light and the
fan are operating properly.
5. If there is any vibration noise, check for the source and try to tighten fasteners or
adjust the tape to make a tighter connection or seal.
Your Range Hood is equipped with two sliding switches with one controlling the lighting and
the other controlling the exhaust fan. The light control has two positions, ON ( I ) and OFF ( O ).
The fan is a four position control, HIGH (III), MEDIUM (II),LOW (I), and OFF ( • ) (Figure 11).
6728025 Rev. E 7-10 4 of 12
CAUTION: MAKE SURE POWER IS SWITCHED OFF AT SERVICE PANEL
BEFORE SERVICING THE UNIT.
Included with your range hood are aluminum grease ﬁlters that should be washed at
least once a month. The ﬁlters are dishwasher safe and should be washed in a mild
soap or detergent. Refer to Step 3 of Section 1 Preparing the Range Hood, to remove
ﬁlters. If the grease ﬁlters become damaged, replace with Air King Model BCGF-01
Charcoal Odor Filter
If you have installed the optional charcoal odor ﬁlters, they cannot be washed and must
be discarded and replaced when they become noticeably dirty, have stopped ﬁltering
the odors, or at least once per year. Replace with Air King Model BCCF-02 Odor Filters.
Changing the Lamp
Remove the lamp by turning slightly counter-clockwise and pulling out of the socket.
Replace with a MR16 GU10 Base 50W maximum Halogen lamp.
To replace the fuse, turn the fuse cap located next to the wire connector counter
clockwise and pull out. Replace with a Bussman MDA 125-Volt, 5 Amp Max. fuse (models
VAL30AB and VAL36AB utilize a 3 Amp Max fuse). Reinstall the fuse back into the hood.
CAUTION: DO NOT USE GASOLINE, BENZINE, THINNER, HARSH CLEANSERS,
ETC., AS THEY MAY DAMAGE THE RANGE HOOD.
1. Clean your range hood with a mild detergent, such as dishwashing liquid, and dry with
a soft cloth. NEVER USE ANY ABRASIVE PADS OR SCOURING POWDERS. Completely
dry before restoring power. NEVER IMMERSE ELECTRICAL PARTS IN WATER.
2. The fan assembly can be vacuumed when build up (dirt, lint, etc.) accumulates
over time. The fan is permanently lubricated and does not require oiling.
Trouble Probable Cause Suggested Remedy
1. Hood does not operate when the switch is on. 1a. A fuse may be blown or a circuit tripped. 1a. Replace fuse or reset circuit breaker.
1b. Wiring is not connected properly. 1b. Turn off power to unit. Check that all wires are connected.
2. Hood is operating, but air moves slower than normal. 2. Obstruction in the exhaust ducting. 2. Check for any obstructions in the ducting including ﬁlter.
3. Hood is making a rattling noise. 3a. Filters are loose. 3a. Turn off power to unit. Check that all ﬁlter are securely in place.
3b. Duct connection is loose. 3b. Turn off power to unit. Check that duct connection is tight.
Installer: Installation Date:
Place of Purchase: Model Number: