Mounting Screws (B)
Cross Bar (A)
Cross Bar (A)
Wire Connectors (C)
OUTDOOR SECURITY LIGHTING FIXTURE
MODEL NO. 7791-03B
Congratulations on your purchase of a Newport Coastal ‘Outdoor security lighting xture.’ You have purchased a safe, dependable, and easy-to-install lighting system. You can use this xture at home for outdoor lighting applications.
WHAT’S INCLUDED: A - Cross Bar B - Mounting Screws (2) C - Wire Connectors (3) D - Fixture Base E - Fixture Mounting Screw (1) F - Globe
Tools Required: Phillips Screwdriver, Silicone Sealant or Caulk
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
THIS PRODUCT MUST BE INSTALLED IN ACCORDANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE INSTALLATION CODES.
• IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH ELECTRICAL WIRING, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU SECURE THE SERVICES OF A WELL QUALIFIED ELECTRICIAN WHO CAN ASSURE THAT THIS
INSTALLATION MEETS LOCAL, STATE, AND NATIONAL CODES.
• BE SURE POWER IS TURNED OFF AT THE MAIN POWER PANEL OR FUSE BOX PRIOR TO INSTALLATION OR REPLACING FIXTURE.
• Before installing this xture, be sure to check with local ordinances regarding approved outdoor lighting. This xture style may not be allowed in some areas.
• This xture is for outdoor use only.
• This xture should be mounted to a grounded junction box marked for use in wet locations.
• The electrical system and the method of connecting the xture to the system must be in accordance with local, state, and national electric codes.
• This xture is to be connected to a 120 volt, 60 Hz power source. Connecting to a different power source may create a hazard and will void the warranty.
• This xture is suitable for wet locations.
• Do not use near or around ammable/combustible material or liquids.
• Never use a lamp (bulb) with a higher wattage than the stated maximum allowed on this xture. Using a higher wattage lamp may cause a re hazard and/or damage to the unit.
• The lamp (bulb) and xture can get hot during use. Turn off the power and allow the xture to cool down for at least 10 minutes prior to working on the unit.
• FOR FLUORESCENT LAMPS (BULBS) – COLD WEATHER STARTING INFORMATION: For temperatures below 30°F, leave the lamp on continuously – starting with a warm lamp (bulb). If
starting becomes difcult in cold weather applications, remove lamp (bulb) from xture (note safety information above), bring the lamp (bulb) indoors to warm, re-install lamp (bulb) into
the xture – then leave on continuously. Do NOT place CFL lamps (bulb) in oven, microwave or similar heat producing device.
PRIOR TO INSTALLATION: Carefully read through the entire installation instructions before installing this security light xture.
WARNING: BE SURE POWER IS OFF AT MAIN POWER PANEL/FUSE BOX BEFORE INSTALLING OR REPLACING FIXTURE. THIS PRODUCT MUST BE INSTALLED IN ACCORDANCE
WITH THE APPLICABLE INSTALLATION CODES BY A PERSON FAMILIAR WITH THE CONSTRUCTION AND OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT AND THE HAZARDS INVOLVED.
BE SURE POWER IS TURNED OFF. Remove old lighting xture. If installing at a new location, contact a qualied electrician.
1. Attach cross-bar (A) to junction box with mounting screws (B) – Figure 1.
2. Connect wires using twist-on wire connectors (C) – Figure 2.
- White wires from the xture (D) to the white wire from the junction box.
- Black wire from the xture (D) to the black wire from the junction box.
- Bare copper ground wire from the xture (D) to the ground wire (bare or green) from the junction box.
3. Position the Fixture Base (D) over the junction box and secure in place using the xture mounting screw (E). Screw to be placed into mounting hole o xture base (D), then
threaded into hole located at center of cross bar (A) – Figure 3.
4. Screw lamp (bulb) into socket. Lamp (bulb) not to exceed 60 watts. See safety information above.
5. Screw globe (F) into xture base (D). Do not over-tighten.
6. Use a clear silicone caulk around the outside of the xture base to provide a water-tight seal when xture is installed.
7. Turn power back on.
Does not function at all
• Make sure wall switch (if applicable) is ON and that the wiring is correct.
• Check that the circuit breaker, fuse, and main circuit breaker or main power switch are ON.
• Check lamp (bulb).
Made In China
© 2012 Hampton Products International Corp.
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY – This product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for life of product. If a defect occurs, call 1-800-562-5625 for instructions on
how to have defective product repaired or replaced free of charge. LIMITATIONS - This warranty only covers Newport Coastal assembled lighting products and accessories and is not
extended to other components, Lamp Bulb(s), or equipment used on the product. Warranty extends to original purchaser of product. Receipt or other approved proof of purchase required for
warranty service. NOT LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so
the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specic legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. NOT COVERED -
Product failure not relating to faulty material or workmanship, corrosion of brass components, reimbursement for installation or unauthorized service.
Hampton Products International Corp.
50 Icon, Foothill Ranch, California 92610-3000