Builders Edge Limited Lifetime Warranty
The Tapco Group™ (TTG), a Headwaters Company, warrants
its Builders Edge™ line of products including the following:
- Headers for Windows and Doors
- Door Surrounds
- Utility Vents and Mounting Blocks
- Designer Windows
- Gable Vents
- Dentil Trim
- RidgeMaster and Hipmaster Vents
as is expressly provided in this document. TTG warrants to the original owner at the time of installation of a residence on which any of the above
products have been installed and to a party to whom the original owner transfers this warranty as permitted by this document (a “permitted transferee”)
that such products will be free from manufacturing defects which result in cracking, splitting, and excessive fading when subject to normal use during
the lifetime of such original owner.
The lifetime coverage offered by this warranty automatically ends upon the sale of the property or death of the last of the
original owners of the property at the time of installation of the products on homeowner’s home.
In the case of a permitted transferee, warranty coverage
shall be pro-rated as disclosed in the table below.
This warranty is subject to the following limitations:
1. The warranted product must have been installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s installation instructions. Products not installed in
this manner will not be warranted.
2. TTG shall solely determine whether the product was installed according to its installation instructions.
3. The homeowner and any permitted transferee shall have the burden of establishing to TTG’s reasonable satisfaction the date of purchase of
the warranted product and the the amount paid for such product. The original homeowner shall also have the burden of proving his/her/their ownership
of the residence on such date.
4. In the case of a claim of excessive fading, the homeowner is advised that some degree of fading over time is expected. Therefore, TTG
shall solely determine whether the amount of fading in any particular case is excessive. TTG will not be held responsible for fading, peeling, cracking or
any other deterioration of finishes applied by any third parties.
5. In the event of a claim during the warranty period, TTG at its sole option will either (a) repair or replace the warranted product(s) without
charge to the homeowner, or (b) if TTG is unable to repair the product in a commercially reasonable fashion and if TTG is unable to replace the product
(for example, because it has been discontinued), or notwithstanding that the product may be repaired or replaced, the homeowner nevertheless chooses to
accept a refund, TTG will refund to the homeowner a sum equal to the actual price paid for the product at the time of purchase less reasonable
depreciation from the date of purchase, which shall be determined as per the pro-ration schedule below.
6. This warranty excludes reasonable travel expenses and labor charges incurred by TTG and/or its contractors in removing and/or replacing a
7. If TTG attempts a reasonable number of times to repair a defective product under this warranty but those attempts are unsuccessful, TTG at
its option may either replace the product or pay a refund to the homeowner as provided above.
8. This warranty will not cover claims for the following (a) damage to or failure of a warranted product resulting from acts of the homeowner
or the installer, (b) damage to or failure of the product resulting from unreasonable use or the failure to reasonably maintain the product after the date of
9. THE PROVISIONS OF THIS WARRANTY ARE IN LIEU OF ANY OTHER WARRANTY
EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING SPECIFICALLY, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY
OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
10. THE OBLIGATIONS AND LIABILITIES OF TTG UNDER THIS WARRANTY OR UNDER
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY WHICH IS APPLICABLE DESPITE THE PRECEDING DISCLAIMER
ARE IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER OBLIGATIONS OR LIABILITIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT
LIMITATION, LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL AND/OR ANY OTHER
DAMAGES BASED UPON ANY THEORY OF RECOVERY AT LAW OR IN EQUITY INCLUDING
SPECIFICALLY ANY THEORY OF NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF
WARRANTY, OR STRICT LIABILITY.
Some states do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of consequential damages, so the above limitations and
exclusions may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
Transferability. If there is a change in ownership from the original owner to a new owner, this warranty may be transferred to the new owner provided
that the transfer occurs during the first five years after the date of purchase of the warranted products. It may only be transferred by the individual owner
who had the products installed to the individual to whom he sells his home. It may not thereafter be transferred again. To transfer rights under this
warranty, the transferee must send to TTG reasonable evidence of: 1) the transfer of ownership of the property from the individual who originally had
This warranty is effective April 1, 2009 and supersedes all previously published versions of this warranty. It shall remain effective until such time as
TTG publishes a subsequent superseding version at which time it shall have no further effect.
Designer windows themselves are warranted for a period of Ten (10) years from the date of purchase, while the frames of such windows are
warranted for the lifetime of the original owner or for such lesser time as may be provided for a permitted transferee of this document.