INSTALLATION REQUIREMENTS AND
This chapter describes the following:
• Site guidelines that must be met before installing an
MMAC-M8FNB onto your network
• MMAC conﬁguration guidelines
• Operating speciﬁcations for the MMAC-M8FNB enclosure and
power supply module
2.1 SITE GUIDELINES
The following guidelines must be followed when you select a site for
the MMAC-M8FNB; if they are not, unsatisfactory network
performance may result.
• An unrestricted free surface area of 53.3 cm (21 in.) wide,
62.2 cm (24.5 in.) deep and 44.5 cm (17.5 in.) high is
needed for the MMAC-M8FNB enclosure.
• If the MMAC-M8FNB is to be placed on a shelving unit,
the shelf must be able to support 33.8 kg (75 lb.) of static
• If the MMAC-M8FNB is to be rack-mounted, care must
be taken to ensure that the rack used will support the
unit and that the rack remains stable with the
MMAC-M8FNB installed. In order to allow proper
Only qualiﬁed personnel should install or service this
unit and its modules.