Threading the upper thread
This is a simple operation but it is important to carry out correctly
as by not doing so .
- Start by raising the needle to its highest point (1), and also
raise the presser foot to release the tension discs.
For safety, it is strongly suggested you turn off the
power before threading.
- Lift up the spool pin. Place the spool of thread on the holder
with the thread coming off the spool as shown. For small
thread spools, place small side of spool holder next to spool.(2)
- Draw thread from spool through the upper thread guide (3) and
pulling thread through pre-tension spring as illustrated.
- Thread tension module by leading thread down right channel
and up left channel (4). During this process it is helpful to hold
the thread between the spool and thread guide (3).
- At the top of this movement pass thread from right to left
through the slotted eye of the take-up lever and then
downwards again. (5)
several sewing problems could result
Now pass thread behind the thin wire needle clamp guide (6)
and then down to the needle which should be threaded from
front to back.
- Pull about 6-8 inches of thread to the rear beyond the needle
eye. Trim thread to length with built in thread cutter.