AT-2200 Band Selective Pico Indoor Repeater User Manual V1.
Edition Second Edition, May 2009. Copyrights The information contained herein is the property of Coiler Corporation. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical and for any purpose without prior written permission of Coiler. Copyrights © 2009. All rights reserved.
1. About this Manual This installation guide is produced for the use of Coiler’s AT-2200 Repeater by Coiler personnel, licensees and customers. Due to the continued progress in methodology, design and manufacturing of our products, the contents of this document are subject to revision without any notice. Coiler assumes no legal responsibility for any error or damage resulting from the use of this document. Your comments can assist us in improving our products and services.
2. Table of Contents 1. 2. About this Manual ..................................................................3 Table of Contents...................................................................4 3. 4. Safety Instructions .................................................................5 Product Introduction...............................................................6 5. Installation..............................................................................8 5.1. Package Contents..............
3. Safety Instructions Any personnel involved in the installation or operation of the Coiler AT-2200 Band Selective Repeaters must understand and obey the following safety instructions: 1. The Coiler AT-2200 Band Selective Repeaters must be used exclusively for its application as described in this guide's product introduction and nothing else. 2. For your safety, please be aware of power lines at all times during the installation and use of the repeater.
4. Product Introduction The Coiler AT-2200 Band Selective Repeater is designed to improve mobile phone signal coverage and enhance reception in indoor areas where mobile signal is limited or compromised due to construction structures or natural obstacles. This device is a perfect choice for network operators seeking a quick and cost-effective coverage solution for small indoor areas.
signals to the base stations. This repeater will only amplify the operators’ signal, as high SAW filter selectivity provides sharp, out of band rejection. It offers an Auto Gain Control function designed to protect the system against oscillation and interference with base stations. To enable easy installation, the AT-2200 Band Selective Repeater features an LED signal strength display and alarm LED.
5. Installation Before installing the repeater, please check the package contents. Please contact the dealer if any part is missing. Also, please read Chapter 1 ‘Safety Instructions’ closely. 5.1. Package Contents Standard package contents are displayed in the pictures below. Package contents may vary. or Repeater Unit 15m of RF Cable Donor Antenna Power Adaptor Wall Mounting Bracket INPUT: 100~220V (AC), 47~63Hz OUTPUT: 6.
5.2. Parts Identification FRONT BACK F A B D C E G H A. DC Power LED F. Donor Ant. Connector B. Performance LED G. Extended Service Ant. Connector H. DC Power Connector C. Increment Increase Key ( (Gain Adjustment) ＋) D. Increment Decrease Key ( (Gain Adjustment) －) E. DL RSSI / Gain Level LED 5.3. Installation of the Main Unit 1. This equipment is designed for indoor applications.
be installed and operated under the conditions below: i. ii. 2. Temperature: 10°C ~ 50°C Humidity: 20% ~ 85% For the best performance, the repeater should be installed at a site at least 1 meter from the floor (in a standing position) or 2m if installed on the wall. The front side of the repeater should be facing the area that requires coverage. 3.
to warn you if insufficient isolation has occurred. 5. If the unit is to be installed on the wall, you will need the mounting kit provided. First; screw the wall mount tightly to the wall, then screw the repeater unit on to the wall mount as shown on the pictures below. Please ensure that both sides of the wall mount are fastened securely. The repeater will be 10° down-tilted on the wall mount. 6.
down-tilted or up-tilted depending on environment. 10° 10° 5.4.
base station. A perfect location should have the outdoor signal level greater than -80dBm (full signal bars on a mobile phone). If the package contents include the indoor antenna as shown below, please attach it to the window glass where the mobile phone shows the most signal bars. Ensure that the side with the black sticker faces outdoors.
Mounted on the wall 5.5. Installation of the Extended Service Antenna The AT-2200 provides an extra coupling port for coverage extension which enables more flexibility and convenience. You may connect additional indoor antenna in order to provide coverage in other room or floor. To do so, connect cable to the port marked as MS CPL. Make sure to unplug the power before making any connections. Also, make sure that the additional antenna is properly separated from the donor antenna (at least 8m).
5.6. Connecting the Cables The RF connector type of the repeater and the cable is SMA. Please ensure that the pin head of the connector is all right before plugging it in. 1. After mounting the donor antenna, plug the antenna connector into the RF cable and ensure that they are tightly fastened. Donor Antenna (female) 2. RF Cable (male) Route the RF cable into the house and ensure that the cable is fastened all the way into the house. 3.
6. Start the Device 6.1. Switch on the Repeater 1. Before switching on the repeater, please read Chapter 1 “Safety instructions” closely. 2. Plug the AC side connector into the AC power source. Please ensure that every part is tightly fastened and the distance between the repeater and the donor antenna is sufficient (at least 8 meters). 3. The power LED of the unit will be on, at which point the unit will start the self-checking procedure.
for the better performance. 6. Please make a call through your mobile phone to check the communication quality. 7. Please be aware of the performance LED at all times. If it turns RED, refer to the Troubleshooting section (Section 7) of this manual.
6.2. Donor RSSI Indication AT-2200 is equipped with DL RSSI LED which indicates the current signal power from the donor antenna. More signal bars represents stronger signal power from the donor antenna which also means the coverage is getting better. (5dB for each bar) On the contrary, the coverage quality and performance of the repeater will be lowered with less signal bars.
6.3. Gain Adjustment In order to enable flexible adoption to various mobile environments, the AT-2200 offers users an Adjustable Gain Control function. The adjustable range is from 40dB to 60dB in 1dB increments. All configurations can be done by simply pressing the buttons inside the small holes of the front panel. Signal bar will change every 4dB gain difference. (Please refer to the table below) When adjusting gain level, both DL and UL gain will be changed. Poke in ‘−’ hole to reduce gain.
6.4. Automatic Gain Control (AGC) The AT-2200 has been equipped with an intelligent function known as ‘Automatic Gain Control’ (AGC) which can adjust the gain level in order to maintain a consistent output power. This function can prevent the device from being damaged by an over-powered input signal and protect the network against interference. The logic of AGC is illustrated in the diagram below.
6.5. Alarm LED The AT-2200 is equipped with Auto Shutdown and Auto Turn-on functions. Whenever an incorrect installation or power surge occurs, the red alarm LED will blink. It will also temporarily stop functioning in order to prevent interference and to protect the repeater from damage. Alarm LED 1. When an alarm situation occurs, the repeater will shut down the RF function at the same time. 2.
4. If there are any other problems, please refer to the Troubleshooting section (Section 7) of this manual.
7. Troubleshooting Question Why don’t coverage installation? Answer I have Ensure that the output power of the adaptor’s DC is after 6V and the repeater is switched on. (Green power LED is on.) Ensure that the donor antenna has been installed properly. Ensure that all the cables and the connectors are tightly fastened. Check that the outdoor signal level (RSSI), which is shown in the LED display, is greater than -80dBm.
Why is unstable the after signal Ensure that the donor antenna has been installed the properly. repeater is switched on? Ensure that the distance between the donor antenna and the repeater unit is sufficient. (Coiler recommends at least 8 meters.) Ensure that all the cables and the connectors are tightly fastened, and the cable is not damaged. Why is the alarm LED Ensure that the distance between the donor antenna blinking when I switch and on the repeater? the repeater unit is sufficient.