CDL-165PRO USB Wireless Transmitter and Receiver to HDMI Display Operation Manual CDL-165PRO
Disclaimers The information in this manual has been carefully checked and is believed to be accurate. Cypress Technology assumes no responsibility for any infringements of patents or other rights of third parties which may result from its use. Cypress Technology assumes no responsibility for any inaccuracies that may be contained in this document. Cypress also makes no commitment to update or to keep current the information contained in this document.
Safety Precautions Please read all instructions before attempting to unpack or install or operate this equipment, and before connecting the power supply. Please keep the following in mind as you unpack and install this equipment: Always follow basic safety precautions to reduce the risk of ﬁre, electrical shock and injury to persons. To prevent ﬁre or shock hazard, do not expose the unit to rain, moisture or install this product near water.
Table of Contents 1. Introduction 1 2. Applications 1 3. Package Contents 1 4. System Requirements 1 5. Features 2 6. Specifications 2 7. Operation Controls and Functions 3 7.1 Transmitter 3 7.2 Receiver 3 7.2.1 Front Panel 3 7.2.2 Back Panel 4 8. Software Installation 5 9. Using Wireless USB Manager 8 9.1 Connecting Wireless USB Manager 8 9.2 Select Connection Rules item 9 9.3 System Association 9 9.4 Device Connection 10.
1. Introduction Today people are spending more of their time around technology, especially for entertainment purposes, and often encounter problems. People spend a lot of their watching Internet TV (HULU for instance is a popular source for internet TV and movies However when the Internet TV viewer requires a larger viewing screen for a more immersive experience they then have to go through the hassle of connecting multiple cables, or working with wireless devices that fail to impress us on their quality.
5. Features Worldwide Band Groups 1,3,4 and 6 Supports HDMI & VGA outputs 16/32-bit Color for high-quality images HD resolution up to 1920 x 1080 Has a broadcast range of 10 meters Speed up to 150Mb/s HDMI and RGB display connectivity EDID selection with switch for VGA or HDMI output Secure and easy to use 6. Specifications Input Port Output Ports Extender Ports Power Supply ESD Protection 1 x Mini USB 1 x HDMI, 1 x D-Sub 15pin, 3.5Φ phone jack 2 x USB Hubs (A type) 5V DC/2.
. Operation Controls and Functions The following sections describe the hardware components of the unit and include a step by step installation guide and other suggested settings. 7.1 Transmitter Connect the wireless USB dongle to a PC or Laptop to deliver fast and reliable media through the use of Ultra Wide Band (UWB) technology. The LED will illuminate when PC or Laptop has successully detect the device and when the LED is blinking it means data is been transmit to receiver. 7.2 Receiver 7.2.
7.2.2 Back Panel 2 1 3 4 5 6 Power: This slot is where the user plugs in the 5V DC power supply of this unit before connecting the adaptor to an AC wall outlet. ② Link LED: When the LED illuminate it shows that the device has successfully detected the transmitter and when it blink it means the device is receiving transmitter's signals. CABLE ASSOC.
8. Software Installation The following sections list the procedures to follow when installing the USB to HDMI and USB device drivers. Insert the provided CD into your CD-ROM drive, then begin the Wireless USB Install Disc and follow the below steps to install the driver. Step 1: Click Install drivers and application. Step 2: Click “Continue” to start the setup. Step 3: Click "Next" to continue the set up.
Step 4: Click “I accept the terms of the License Agreement” and go to the Next page. Step 5: Click “Finish” to complete the installation. The installation process may take a little time, please be patient while the system is running.
Step 6: Click “I accept the terms of the License Agreement” and go to the Next page. The installation process may take a little time, please be patient while the system is running. Step 7: When all three software are being instally successfully with three tick show on the window, Click “Close” to ﬁnish installing.
Step 8: Click "exit" to exit the installer dialogue and restart the computer. Notes: At this point, users should power-on and connect the receiver to the display. 9. Using Wireless USB Manager 9.1 Connecting Wireless USB Manager Connect the transmitter on to the source device (PC/NB) and click on the "Start" from the Desktop. Select Alereon from All Program and double click on "Wireless USB Manager".
9.2 Select Connection Rules item To connect a device for the ﬁrst time the user must form an association ensuring secure communications. 9.3 System Association Enter pin code to associate with your computer. Pin Code is located on FCC/CE sticker, placed on both the device's bottom and outside package.
Association is successful 9.
10. Using DisplayLink Manager 10.1 Using DisplayLink Manager After the driver is installed, a utility (DisplayLink Manager) will automatically appear in the system tray. The utility allows you to quickly change the settings and resolution for DisplayLink Manager. Right click on the icon will bring out the context menu. Screen Resolution: Select the screen resolution (available only in extended mode).
Color Quality: Select the screen color quality (available only in extended mode). Screen Rotation: Rotate the screen on the additional monitor by 90, 180 or 270 degrees. Extend to: Reposition the extended screen to the top, bottom, left or right of the primary display.
Extend: Set the DisplayLink Manager to Extended mode. Set as Main Monitor: Set the monitor to be the main monitor. Notebook Monitor off: Set the PC/notebook's monitor off.
Mirror: Set the DisplayLink Manager to Mirror mode. You can see the same desktop image on the additional monitor. Off: Disable the DisplayLink Manager on the system. Advanced: Opening the Display Properties will allow you to adjust the resolution, color quality, position and refresh rate.
11. Uninstall the Device Driver Follow the steps below to uninstall the Multi View driver. Step 1: Open the Control Panel: Start → Control Panel → Add or Remove Programs. Step 2: Select USB-VGA-HDMI DisplayLink Adapter and click Remove. Step 3: Click Yes to conﬁrm the removal. Step 4: Click Yes to restart your computer.
13. Troubleshooting Situation Check Point The device driver has been installed, but the DisplayLink Manager is not working 1. Make sure you restart your computer after the driver installation. 2. Check all the connectors are plugged in correctly. 3. Make sure the USB port that you are using is USB 2.0. 4. Check the additional monitor is connected correctly and the power is on. 5. Make sure the operating system, the DisplayLink Manager is compatible with Windows XP,Windows 7 and Vista (32bit). 6.
A Acronyms Acronym Complete Term EDID Extended Display Identiﬁcation Data HDMI High-Deﬁnition Multimedia Interface VGA Video Graphics Array 18
CYPRESS TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD. Home page: http://www.cypress.com.