5MXS48TVJU Installation Manual
Table Of Contents
- Safety Considerations
- Precautions for Selecting a Location
- Precautions on Installation
- Outdoor Unit Installation Diagram
- Installation Space Requirements
- Selecting a Location for Installation ofthe Indoor Units
- Connections (connection port)
- How to Use Reducers
- Outdoor Unit Installation
- Priority Room Setting
- Night Quiet Mode setting
- COOL/HEAT mode lock [S15]
- Pump Down Operation
- Trial Operation and Testing
1) Strip the insulation from the wire (3/4 inch (20mm)).
Connect the inter-unit wires between the indoor and
outdoor units so that the terminal numbers match.
Tighten the terminal screws securely. It is recommended
that a slot-head screwdriver be used to tighten the screws.
3) Be sure to match the symbols for wiring and piping.
Pull the wire lightly to make sure that it does not
5) After completing the work, reattach the shield cover and
right side plate to their original positions.
• Attach so that the shield cover hooks (2 locations) are
To room D
To room B
To room E
To room C
Follow local codes for wiring and
safety devices between outdoor
unit and power source.
Note: Take care to ensure that all wiring
between indoor unit and outdoor unit has a
consistent connection. Any splices can cause
: The Room A and Room B terminal
blocks, as well as the Room C and Room D
terminal blocks, are actually integrated.
Recommend using AWG14, stranded and insulated wire for connections
between indoor and outdoor units.
Local code always supersedes recommendation.
Shape the wires so that there is
no lifting of the shield cover or
other structural parts.
For Room AFor Room E For Room C For Room D For Room B
For power supply
Use the speciﬁed wires and
connect them securely.
Precautions to be taken for power supply wiring
• When using stranded wires, make sure to use the round crimp-style
terminal for connection to the power supply terminal block.
Arrow view A
• When connecting the inter-unit wires to the terminal block using a single core wire, be sure to curl the end of the lead.
Strip wire end
to this point.
Excessive strip length
may cause electric shock
or current leakage.
Stripping wire at terminal block
This air conditioner must be grounded. For grounding, follow all local, and state electrical codes.
01_EN_3P537039-1.indd 13 9/12/2018 7:37:45 PM