5MXS48TVJU Installation Manual
Table Of Contents
- Safety Considerations
- Precautions for Selecting a Location
- Precautions on Installation
- Outdoor Unit Installation Diagram
- Installation Space Requirements
- Selecting a Location for Installation ofthe Indoor Units
- Connections (connection port)
- How to Use Reducers
- Outdoor Unit Installation
- Priority Room Setting
- Night Quiet Mode setting
- COOL/HEAT mode lock [S15]
- Pump Down Operation
- Trial Operation and Testing
Installation Space Requirements
• Position the unit on a horizontal surface. Any tilt in the unit should be 3° or less to the horizontal.
• For any of the below installation patterns, the wall height on the outlet side should be 47-1/4 inch (1200mm) or less.
unit: inch (mm)
More than 3-15/16 (100)
More than 13-3/4 (350)
Wall facing one side Walls facing two sides
Walls facing three sides
When installed as in the ﬁgure on the left, it is recommended to either
change the orientation of the outdoor unit outlet side or use the air direction
adjustment grille (sold separately).
Selecting a Location for Installation of
the Indoor Units
indoor units, are listed below. (The shorter the refrigerant piping, the better the performance. Connect so that the piping is as
short as possible. Shortest allowable length per room is 10ft (3m).)
Outdoor unit capacity class 5MXS48* 4MXL36*
Piping to each indoor unit 98ft(30m)max.
Total length of piping between all units 262ft(80m)max. 230ft(70m)max.
If the outdoor unit is positioned higher than the indoor units. If the outdoor unit is positioned lower than one or
more indoor units.
01_EN_3P537039-1.indd 5 9/12/2018 7:37:43 PM