16 ELKA SUSPENSION INC. Phone: (450) 655-4855 or 1 800 557-0552 www.elkasuspension.com
A well-maintained shock absorber will last longer and perform better. The best way to protect your
shock absorbers from the elements is to use Elka Suspension shock absorber protectors. For cleaning,
use a gentle detergent and pay particular attention to areas where debris can become lodged. Do not
use any abrasive cleaning products.
Maintenance frequency may vary depending on the number of hours the vehicle is driven and the
conditions under which it is ridden. Heat, violent impacts, dust, mud and adjustment settings are all
factors that need to be taken into consideration in determining the frequency of basic maintenance
and oil changes.
HOW TO CLEAN YOUR SHOCK ABSORBERS:
1) Do not use compressed air when cleaning the seal head as this can damage the seals.
2) Clean the threads under the preload ring using a soft brush.
3) Clean around the rebound adjustment knob so that no foreign particles damage the adjustment
4) Remove the compression adjustment knob by unscrewing the Allen type setscrew and pulling on
the knob carefully then clean delicately.
5) Use compressed air to clean beneath the bottom out bumper.