APEX ™ SDP Polyester Fiber Warranty
Engineered Floors, LLC Commercial Flooring Solutions extends certain fiber warranties which cover
products manufactured with APEX™ SDP Polyester. These warranties protect the original purchaser against
performance deficiencies in specific categories. The length of time covered by each warranty listed below is
for the useful life of the carpet, provided that (1) the carpet is installed in accordance with the carpet
installation instructions and (2) the carpet is maintained in accordance with the carpet maintenance
5 Year Limited Stain Warranty
Carpet will resist permanent staining caused by spots and spills.
Exceptions include the following which are not the result of staining: appearance change due to pile
distortion; damage from exposure to materials or contaminants which degrade or destroy fiber; damage
resulting from cleaning agents; general soiling; installation outdoors; exposure to parking lot dressing,
coating or sealer; and carpet which has been subject to abnormal use or conditions.
5 Year Limited Wear Warranty
Carpet will retain a minimum of 90% of its face fiber. Although not required, we strongly recommend chair
pads under chairs with rolling casters to preserve appearance and to prevent accelerated wear.
This warranty does not cover any disfigurement or damage caused by the following factors or equipment:
1. Unsatisfactory transit or improper storage.
2. Abnormal or improper use, such as athletic surfaces, outdoor installation, installation on stairs, or use
other than a conventional floor covering.
3. Placing excessively heavy equipment on carpet.
4. Tears, burns, pulls, and cuts.
5. Improper cleaning agents, methods, or general soiling.
6. Failure to follow the published installation guidelines or improper installation.
7. Athletic equipment such as roller blades, ski boots, or spiked athletic shoes, other than spikeless golf shoes.
8. Accidental flooding and acts of God.