Distributed Audio Panel Manual — P/N 52265:B1 6/8/2010 33
Section 3: Installation
The cabinet may be surface mounted. The door is
removable during the installation period by opening
and lifting it off the hinges. The cabinet mounts using
two key slots at the top of the backbox and two addi-
tional 0.250" diameter holes located at the bottom.
Carefully unpack the system and check for shipping
damage. Mount the cabinet in a clean, dry, vibration-
free area where extreme temperatures are not encoun-
tered. The area should be readily accessible with suffi-
cient room to easily install and maintain the panel.
Locate the top of the cabinet approximately five feet
above the floor with the hinge mounting on the right.
Determine the number of conductors required for the
devices to be installed. Sufficient knockouts are pro-
vided for wiring convenience. Select the appropriate
knockout(s) and pull the required conductors into the
box. Note that knockouts are also located on the back
of the cabinet. All wiring should be in accordance with the National and/or Local codes for fire
3.2 Backbox Installation
1. Open the door and lift the door off the pin hinges.
2. Remove the main circuit board and transformer from the backbox before installation. Set the
board and transformers aside in a safe, clean place. Avoid static discharge which may damage
static sensitive components on the board.
3. Mark and predrill holes for the top two backbox keyhole mounting bolts using the dimensions
4. Install two upper fasteners in the wall with the screw heads protruding.
5. Using the upper 'keyholes', mount the backbox over the two screws.
6. Mark and drill the lower two holes.
7. Install the remaining fasteners and tighten all fasteners to complete backbox mounting.
8. Carefully reinstall the main circuit board and transformer, using appropriate precautions to
prevent damage to components due to static discharge.
Figure 3.1 ACC-25/50DA Cabinet
CAUTION: STATIC SENSITIVE COMPONENTS
THE CIRCUIT BOARD CONTAINS STATIC-SENSITIVE COMPONENTS. ALWAYS GROUND
YOURSELF WITH A PROPER WRIST STRAP BEFORE HANDLING ANY BOARDS SO THAT
STATIC CHARGES ARE REMOVED FROM THE BODY. USE STATIC SUPPRESSIVE
PACKAGING TO PROTECT ELECTRONIC ASSEMBLIES.