46 Distributed Audio Panel Manual — P/N 52265:B1 6/8/2010
Installation Installation of Option Modules
3.8 Installation of Option Modules
3.8.1 Audio Amplifier Module (ACC-AAM25)
The optional audio amplifier module is identical to the module provided with the factory standard
panel configuration. It can be used to provide a second 25 watt speaker circuit, increasing the total
Distributed Audio Panel power to 50 watts, or it can be used as a backup amplifier. LEDs on the
amplifier module are for Amp Supervision (green - indicates amp functional) and Circuit Trouble
(yellow - indicates wiring fault or amplifier fail). Connector J1 of the audio amplifier module plugs
into connector P2 located at the bottom center of the main circuit board.
1. For ease of access, all wiring should be connected to the terminals on the main circuit board
terminal blocks prior to installing the secondary Audio Amplifier Module.
2. Remove mounting screw shown, from the main circuit board, and save (refer to illustration
3. Install one supplied metal standoff in location from which mounting screw was removed in
4. Install the Audio Amplifier Module by carefully aligning the amplifier's J1 connector with the
P2 connector on the main circuit board. Press the Module securely into place making certain
not to bend or break any connector pins.
5. Secure the Audio Amplifier Module with the supplied screws plus the screw removed in Step
2. It is important to secure the module with the metal screws in order to help protect against
6. Configure the Audio Amplifier for primary or backup amplifier operation by setting switch S1
on the amplifier:
– (1) Position switch S1 in the DOWN position for primary operation which adds the new
amplifier's 25 watts to total system power (50 watts total).
– (2) Position switch S1 in the UP 'Backup On' position to configure the amplifier as a backup
in the event the primary amplifier fails. IMPORTANT! ACC-25/50DAZS ONLY
- Set SW1
on the ACC-ZSM to AAM1 for backup configuration.
7. Check to make certain the factory installed jumpers are in place on P1 of the Audio Amplifier
Module(s). Do not remove unless installing the FC-XRM70 Transformer Module. See
Figure 3.17 on page 48.
CAUTION: DISCONNECT POWER / STATIC SENSITIVE DEVICES
BEFORE INSTALLING ANY MODULES, MAKE CERTAIN ALL POWER (AC AND DC) HAS BEEN
REMOVED. IN ADDITION, CIRCUIT BOARDS CONTAIN STATIC-SENSITIVE COMPONENTS,
THEREFORE MAKE CERTAIN PROPER GROUNDING PROCEDURES ARE FOLLOWED.