• Follow the guidelines below for preparing the load for drying.
• Read the Dryer Operating Instructions, pages 19-20, for operating your specific
• Always read and follow fabric care labels and laundry product labels.
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, or injury to persons, read
Important Safety Instructions, pages 2-4, before operating this dryer.
1. Prepare items for drying.
• Dry items of similar fabric, weight and construction in the same load.
• Separate dark items from light-colored items. Separate items that shed lint
from those that attract lint. If an item sheds lint, turn it inside out.
• Be sure buckles, buttons and trim are heatproof and won't damage the drum
finish. Close zippers, fasten hooks and Velcro®-like fasteners. Tie strings and
sashes to prevent snagging and tangling.
• If possible, turn pockets inside out for even drying.
• Check for stains which may not have been removed in washing. Dryer heat
may permanently set some stains. Repeat stain removal process before
• Place small items in a mesh bag to prevent tangling and for easy removal.
2. Check that lint screen is clean and in place.
3. Load the dryer.
• The average load will fill the drum 1/3 to 1/2 full. Items need room to tumble
freely for even drying and less wrinkling. Do not overload dryer.
• When drying large items, dry only 2 or 3 at a time. Fill out the load with small
and medium sized items.
• For delicate or very small loads, add 2 lint-free towels for better drying, less
wrinkling, and to prevent grease stains caused by fabric softener sheets.
• Do not overdry items. Overdrying can cause wrinkling, shrinkage, harshness,
and a build-up of static electricity, which can produce more lint.
• If desired, add a dryer fabric softener sheet.
4. Close the dryer door and set dryer controls (some models).
See Dryer Operating Instructions card for your specific model controls.
5. Turn cycle selector clockwise to the desired setting.
6. Start the dryer.
• Turn Start control clockwise to ON. Hold for 1-2 seconds and release.
• To add or remove items when the dryer is running, open the door. The dryer
will always stop when the door is opened.
• Allow the drum to come to a complete stop before reaching inside.
7. When the cycle ends, remove items immediately and hang
or fold. If load is removed before the cycle ends, turn cycle selector to OFF.
ying Prying Pr
ying Prying Pr
Follow fabric care label instructions.
Fill dryer drum 1/3 to 1/2 full.
Place small items in a mesh bag.