p/n 807880401 Rev A (1305)
SERVICE DATA SHEET
Electric Ranges with ES 300/305/306 Electronic Oven Controls
Electronic Oven Control (Rear View)
DO NOT REMOVE THIS BAG
OR DESTROY THE CONTENTS
WIRING DIAGRAMS AND SERVICE
REPLACE CONTENTS IN BAG
NOTICE - This service data sheet is intended for use by persons having
electrical and mechanical training and a level of knowledge of these
subjects generally considered acceptable in the appliance repair trade. The
manufacturer cannot be responsible, nor assume any liability for injury or
damage of any kind arising from the use of this data sheet.
SAFE SERVICING PRACTICES
To avoid the possibility of personal injury and/or property damage, it is important
that safe servicing practices be observed. The following are examples, but without
limitation, of such practices.
1. Before servicing or moving an appliance remove power cord from electrical
outlet, trip circuit breaker to OFF, or remove fuse.
2. Never interfere with the proper installation of any safety device.
3. GROUNDING: The standard color coding for safety ground wires is GREEN
or GREEN WITH YELLOW STRIPES. Ground leads are not to be used as
current carrying conductors. It is extremely important that the service
technician reestablish all safety grounds prior to completion of service.
Failure to do so will create a potential safety hazard.
4. Prior to returning the product to service, ensure that:
• All electric connections are correct and secure.
• All electrical leads are properly dressed and secured away from sharp edges,
high-temperature components, and moving parts.
E.O.C. Control Connections
• All uninsulated electrical terminals, connectors, heaters, etc. are
adequately spaced away from all metal parts and panels.
• All safety grounds (both internal and external) are correctly and
Set the electronic oven control for normal baking at 350°F. Obtain an
average oven temperature after a minimum of 5 cycles. Press Stop or
Clear to end bake mode.
1. Set EOC to bake at 550°F.
2. Within 5 seconds of setting 550°F, press and hold the bake pad for
approximately 15 seconds until a single beep is heard (longer may
cause F11 shorted keypad alarm).
3. Calibration offset should appear in the display.
4. Use the slew keys to adjust the oven temperature up or down 35°F in
5. Once the desired (-35° to 35°) offset has been applied, press Stop or
Note: Changing calibration affects normal Bake mode. The adjustments
made will not change the Self-Cleaning cycle temperature.
ELECTRONIC OVEN CONTROL FAULT CODE DESCRIPTIONS
Likely failure condition/
Suggested corrective action
Oven heats when no
cook cycle is pro-
If Oven is cold:
1. If fault code is present with cold oven test oven temperature sensor probe circuit resistance. Use RTD scale found in
the tech sheet.
2. Replace probe or repair wiring connections if defective.
3. If temperature sensor probe circuit is good but fault code remains when oven is cold replace the EOC.
If Oven is overheating:
1. If oven is severely overheating/heating when no cook cycle is programmed test oven temperature sensor probe
circuit resistance using the RED scale found in the service tech sheet. Also verify that the temperature sensor probe
in properly installed in the oven cavity.
2. Disconnect power from the range, wait 30 seconds and reapply power. If oven continues to heat when the power is
reapplied, replace the EOC. NOTE: Severe overheating may require the entire oven to be replaced should damage
F11 Shorted keypad or selec-
1. Reset power supply to range - Disconnect power, wait 30 seconds and reapply power.
2. Check/reseat ribbon harness connections between touch panel and EOC.
3. Test keyboard circuits. Replace touch panel if defective.
4. If keyboard ciruits check good replace the EOC.
F12 EOC Internal software
error or failure.
Disconnect power, wait 30 seconds and reapply power. If fault returns upon power-up, replace EOC.
Open oven sensor probe
Check resistance at room temperature & compare to RTD Sensor resistance chart. If resistance is correct replace the
EOC. If resistance does not match the RTD chart replace RTD Sensor Probe. Check Sensor wiring harness between
EOC & Sensor Probe connector.
F31 Shorted oven sensor
Check resistance at room temperature, if less than 500 ohms, replace RTD Sensor Probe. Check for shorted Sensor
Probe harness between EOC & Probe connector. If resistance is correct replace the EOC.
F90-F95 Door lock motor or latch
If lock motor runs:
1. Test continuity of wiring between EOC and lock switch on lock motor assy. Repair if needed.
2. Advance motor until cam depresses the plunger on lock motor switch. Test continuity of switch contacts. If switch is
open replace lock motor assembly.
3. If motor runs and switch contacts and wiring harness test good, replace the EOC.
If lock motor does not run:
1. Test continuity of lock motor windings. Replace lock motor assembly if windings are open.
2. Test lock motor operation by using a test cord to apply voltage. If motor does not operate replace lock motor assy.
3. If motor runs with test cord check continuity of wire harness to lock motor terminals. If harness is good replace the
L1 to Bake L1 to Broil L1 to Motor
Bake/Time Bake X X*
Door Closed X
NOTE: X = Check listed circuits * = Alternates with bake element
Please note that the warmer drawer feature is only on some models