p/n 316441422 (0510)
SERVICE DATA SHEET
Electric Ranges with ES 200/205/300 & 305 Electronic Oven Controls
ELECTRONIC OVEN CONTROL (REAR VIEW)
DO NOT REMOVE THIS BAG
OR DESTROY THE CONTENTS
WIRING DIAGRAMS AND SERVICE
REPLACE CONTENTS IN BAG
ELECTRONIC OVEN CONTROL FAULT CODE DESCRIPTIONS
Bad Micro Identification.
Bad EEPROM Identification/Checksum error.
Open probe connection.
Shorted Probe connection.
Maximum oven door unlock time exceeded.
Maximum oven door unlock attempts exceeded.
Maximum oven door open time exceeded.
Maximum oven door lock time exceeded.
Maximum oven door lock attempts exceeded.
Likely Failure Condition/Cause
Suggested Corrective Action
1. (F10 only) Check RTD Sensor Probe & replace if necessary. If oven is overheating, disconnect
power. If oven continues to overheat when the power is reapplied, replace EOC. Severe overheating
may require the entire oven to be replaced should damage be extensive.
2. (F11, 12 & 13) Disconnect power, wait 30 seconds and reapply power.
3. (F11, 12 & 13) If fault returns upon power-up, replace EOC.
1. (F30 or F31) Check resistance at room temperature & compare to RTD Sensor resistance chart.
If resistance does not match the RTD chart replace RTD Sensor Probe. Check Sensor wiring
harness between EOC & Sensor Probe connector.
2. (F30 or F31) Check resistance at room temperature, if less than 500 ohms, replace RTD Sensor
Probe. Check for shorted Sensor Probe harness between EOC & Probe connector.
1. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Check the wiring between EOC & Lock Motor Micro Switch.
2. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Replace the Motor Door Latch assembly if necessary.
3. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Check for binding of the Latch Cam, Lock Motor Rod & Lock Motor Cam.
4. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Check to see if Lock Motor Coil is open. If open, replace Lock Motor
5. (F90, 91, 92, 93 & 94) Lock Motor continuosly runs - if Micro Switch is open, replace Lock Motor
6. (F92, 93 & 94) Check oven door Light Switch - if open, replace Switch.
7. If all situations above do not solve problem, replace EOC.
NOTICE - This service data sheet is intended for use by
persons having electrical and mechanical training and a level of
knowledge of these subjects generally considered acceptable
in the appliance repair trade. The manufacturer cannot be
responsible, nor assume any liability for injury or damage of
any kind arising from the use of this data sheet.
SAFE SERVICING PRACTICES
To avoid the possibility of personal injury and/or property damage, it
is important that safe servicing practices be observed. The following
are examples, but without limitation, of such practices.
1. Before servicing or moving an appliance remove power cord
from electrical outlet, trip circuit breaker to OFF, or remove fuse.
2. Never interfere with the proper installation of any safety device.
3. GROUNDING: The standard color coding for safety ground
wires is GREEN or GREEN WITH YELLOW STRIPES. Ground
leads are not to be used as current carrying conductors. It is
extremely important that the service technician reestablish
all safety grounds prior to completion of service. Failure
to do so will create a potential safety hazard.
4. Prior to returning the product to service, ensure that:
• All electric connections are correct and secure.
• All electrical leads are properly dressed and secured away
from sharp edges, high-temperature components, and moving
• All uninsulated electrical terminals, connectors, heaters, etc.
are adequately spaced away from all metal parts and panels.
• All safety grounds (both internal and external) are correctly
and securely reassembled.
Temperature (°F) Resistance (ohms)
32 ± 1.9 1000 ± 4.0
75 ± 2.5 1091 ± 5.3
250 ± 4.4 1453 ± 8.9
350 ± 5.4 1654 ± 10.8
450 ± 6.9 1852 ± 13.5
550 ± 8.2 2047 ± 15.8
650 ± 9.6 2237 ± 18.5
900 ± 13.6 2697 ± 24.4
RESISTANCE TEMPERATURE DECTECTOR
SIMMER SELECT PCB (some models)
E.O.C. CONTROL CONNECTIONS (P5)
Set the electronic oven control for normal baking at 350°F. Obtain an average
oven temperature after a minimum of 5 cycles. Press STOP/CLEAR to end bake
1. Set EOC to bake at 550°F.
2. Within 5 seconds of setting 550°F, press and hold the bake pad for
approximately 15 seconds until a single beep is heard (longer may cause
F11 shorted keypad alarm).
3. Calibration offset should appear in the display.
4. Use the slew keys to adjust the oven temperature up or down 35°F in 5°F
5. Once the desired (-35° to 35°) offset has been applied, press STOP/CLEAR.
Note: Changing calibration affects normal Bake mode. The adjustments made will
not change the Self-Cleaning cycle temperature.
CIRCUIT ANALYSIS MATRIX