Table Of Contents
1. Pull on knob #1 (Fig.17-1) keeping it extended. Also,
hold onto lever #2 and swing sharpener in position by
2. Pull out knob #3 (Fig.17-2)
3. Turn knife motor on by pressing the start button. Push
the lever counterclockwise (Fig.17-3) to bring stones into
contact with the knife. Maintain pressure on the handle
for 5-10 seconds. Be sure both stones are in contact
with knife. Repeat operation until knife is sharp.
TURN OFF Slicer before inspecting.
SHARPENING THE KNIFE :
When sharpening is finished, follow these procedures:
1. Turn the slicer off by pressing the stop button (automatics only)
or by pressing the on/off switch button. Unplug the power cord.
2. Return the sharpener to its original position by pulling on knob
(#1) keeping it extended. Also, hold onto lever #2 and swing
sharpener back in to stored position. (Fig.17-4)
3. If sharpening stones need to be cleaned,use alcohol and a
brush. Dry stones afterwards.
4. Close sharpener cover.
5. Clean slicer as necessary using cleaning procedures listed on
pages 12 thru 16.
6. Plug in slicer.
7. Re-install food chute on slicer.
FINISH SHARPENING :
If knife becomes very dull, activate only the
bottom stone by pushing in knob #3 (Fig.17-2).
When sharpening with the bottom stone is
completed, pull out knob #3 (Fig.17-2). This
allows simultaneous sharpening with both
stones. Always finish sharpening using both