BEALERT.The slicer knife is fully exposed. Always be aware of the placement of
your hands/ngers in relationship to the knife.
10. Next, clean the knife ring guard. Soak a clean cloth in a mild detergent and
warm water solution. Ring out excess water from cloth. Carefully insert the
cloth between the knife and the knife ring guard (Fig. 12-1). While holding the
cloth between the knife and the knife ring guard, work it along the entire
backside of the knife. Repeat this procedure as necessary. A nylon brush
can also be used, if preferred. Spray sanitizer on all surfaces and let air dry.
11. The knife must also be cleaned and sanitized. Carefully wash and rinse the
top and bottom of the knife by wiping from the centeroftheknifeoutward
(Fig. 12-2). Spray both sides of the knife, slicer table and the entire slicer base
with a non-bleach, non-chlorine sanitizer following the instructions on your
quaternary sanitizer container to ensure proper sanitation is achieved. Allow
the slicer parts to air dry.
After cleaning and sanitizing the knife, the rest of the entire slicer must be fully cleaned, sanitized and left to air dry
before reattaching slicer parts and using the slicer.
12. Soak a clean cloth in a mild detergent and warm water solution. Ring out excess water from cloth. With the slicer
table completely closed, wipe the slicer table off by starting at the knife and pulling towards you. Never wipe the
slicer table towards the knife. Spray or wipe a sanitizer on the table and allow it to air dry.
13. With a clean cloth soaked in mild detergent, wipe down all remaining surfaces of the slicer to remove any food,
debris and grease/oil. Use a nylon brush to scrub difcult areas. Use a clean, wet cloth to rinse the entire slicer.
Finish by spraying sanitizer on all surfaces and then let air dry.
After cleaning, sanitizing, and allowing the parts to air dry, they must be reinstalled.
BEALERT.The slicer knife is exposed. Always be aware of the placement of your
hands/ngers in relationship to the knife.
1. Carefully reinstall the slice deector.
2. Reinstall the knife cover. Place the knife cover over the knife, centering it on the knife hub.
Then, while holding the knife cover in place with one hand, begin turning the knife cover
release knob clockwise with your other hand until the knife cover is securely into place.
NOTE: The slicer will not start with the knife cover removed.
3. Reinstall the knife sharpener. Attach it to the top of the slicer and secure it with the knife
sharpener release knob (Fig 12-4). Note: DO NOT use the sharpener with wet stones.