Use and Care
• BEFORECLEANING,SHARPENING,SERVICING,ORREMOVINGANYPARTS, always turn off and unplug
the slicer, turn the slice thickness dial clockwise past zero “0” until it stops, and remove the food chute.
• NEVERTOUCHKNIFE. Keep hands and arms away from all moving parts.
• DONOT tamper with, bypass, or remove any safety devices, guards, START/STOP button, or touch pad
• AFTEREACHUSE,ALWAYS turn slicer off, return auto engage lever to “Manual” position (automatic slicers
only), and turn the slice thickness dial clockwise past zero “0” until it stops.
• USEONLYGLOBEPARTSANDACCESSORIES properly installed.
INSPECTING THE SLICER FOR DAMAGED OR BROKEN PARTS INCLUDING GASKETS & SEALS. A thorough
visual inspection should be made of the entire slicer and its parts. Globe urges the owner/operator to inspect
all components often and for an authorized service agent to inspect the entire slicer at least every 6 months,
including all parts that are detachable for cleaning and sanitizing. This inspection should include looking for
damaged parts, broken seals or gaskets, and areas that may be more dif cult to clean and sanitize.
IF A SEAL OR GASKET IS FOUND TO NOT PROPERLY SEAL, IS DAMAGED, OR IS
MISSING, THE SLICER MUST BE REMOVED FROM SERVICE UNTIL IT IS REPAIRED BY
AN AUTHORIZED SERVICER.