Page 6 6" & 8" Bear Cat Chipper Operators Manual
For engine controls and maintenance please refer to the
Honda engine owners manual included with the machine.
1. Engine Fuel Tank: Use unleaded fueldo not mix with
2. Trailer Hitch: Always use 2 inch ball and safety chains.
3. Jack Stand: Always have in UP position and clearfrom
ground when moving. When is use, place in DOWN
position on a level surface.
4. Engine Drive Belts and Shield: Never remove shields
when in use.
5. Chipper Chute: Feed materials to be chipped through
The chipper rotor may continue to rotate even with the
engine stopped. Do not attempt any repair or
adjustments until the entire machine has come to a
complete stop and spark plug wire is removed. Never
operate this machine without all safety shields in place.
6. Rotor Access Cover: Used to remove chipper blades.
7. Engine Battery: Shipped without battery.
8. Clutch Foot Pedal: Used to engage rotor assembly drive
9. Adjustable Chipping Anvil.
3.1 MACHINE CONTROLS