Page 4 6" & 8" Bear Cat Chipper Operators Manual
1. Remove from shipping crate.
2. Support the frame on wood blocks or other support de-
3. Mount the two tires and rims to the axle assembly with
the lug nuts (supplied).
4. Mount the trailer hitch assembly to the frame using three
3/8 X 3-1/2 inch bolts and locknuts (supplied).
5. Fasten the chipper chute to the main frame mounting
bracket using eight 3/8 X 1 inch bolts and locknuts.
Use three bolts on each side and two on the bottom.
6. Attach the blower discharge tube to the mounting flange
on the chipper frame. Half of the mounting clamp is
already attached to the tube. Slide the tube into the
flange and tighten the bolts to secure it. Install the
second half of the clamp to the tube and flange. Rotate
the tube 360 degrees and lock it in place with the handle
to make sure it is mounted correctly.
7. Install battery. (See Section 2.2)
8. Fill the engine with oil (per instructions in supplied Honda
engine manual) and the gas tank with gasoline.
9. Fill the hydraulic reservoir. See Section 5.13 for specific
10. Your chipper should be ready to use.
2.1 ASSEMBLING THE MACHINE