©2017 Hestan Commercial Corporation
TESTING & ADJUSTMENT
A complete gas tightness check must be performed of all gas-carrying components due to possible
movement during installation, or excessive pressure unknowingly being applied to parts of the unit.
• Do not smoke while leak testing.
• Never leak test with an open flame.
• Make a soap solution of one part liquid detergent and one part water for leak testing purposes.
• Apply the solution to the gas fittings by using a spray bottle or a brush.
• For LP units, always check with a full LP cylinder.
• Make sure all control valves are in the “OFF” position.
• Apply the soap solution liberally to all fittings.
• Turn the gas supply on.
• Check all connections from the supply line, or LP cylinder up to and including the manifold pipe
• Soap bubbles will appear where a leak is present. If a leak is present, immediately turn off gas supply,
tighten any leaking fittings, turn the gas supply back on, and recheck.
• If you cannot stop a gas leak, turn off the gas supply and call the dealer where you purchased your
• Do not use the grill until all connections have been checked and do not leak.
IMPORTANT NOTE - ALWAYS CHECK FOR LEAKS AFTER EVERY LP CYLINDER CHANGE.