©2017 Hestan Commercial Corporation
TESTING & ADJUSTMENT
A complete gas tightness check must be performed of all gas-carrying components due to possible
movement during installation, or excessive pressure unknowingly being applied to parts of the unit.
• Do not smoke while leak testing.
• Never leak test with an open flame.
• Make a soap solution of one part liquid detergent and one part water for leak testing purposes.
• Apply the solution to the gas fittings by using a spray bottle or a brush.
• For LP units, always check with a full LP cylinder.
• Make sure all control valves are in the “OFF” position.
• Apply the soap solution described above to all fittings.
• Turn the gas supply on.
• Check all connections from the supply line, or LP cylinder up to and including the manifold pipe
• Soap bubbles will appear where a leak is present. If a leak is present, immediately turn off gas supply,
tighten any leaking fittings, turn the gas supply back on, and recheck.
• If you cannot stop a gas leak, turn off the gas supply and call the dealer where you purchased your
• Do not use the grill until all connections have been checked and do not leak.
IMPORTANT NOTE - ALWAYS CHECK FOR LEAKS AFTER EVERY LP CYLINDER CHANGE.
BURNER / VALVE ADJUSTMENTS
Consult the GAS CONNECTIONS section of your Hestan or Aspire outdoor appliance for full
instructions on burner adjustments, flame appearance, air shutter adjustment, and valve adjustments.
This step is very important to ensure successful burner performance after conversion to a new fuel
type, or changing orifices for high altitude locations.