05/03 P/N 214999C
© COPYRIGHT 2002 by HUFFY SPORTS
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE WARNINGS MAY RESULT
IN SERIOUS INJURY AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE.
Owner must ensure that all players know and follow
these rules for safe operation of the system.
• DO NOT HANG on the rim or any part of the system
including backboard, support braces or net.
• During play, especially when performing dunk type
activities, keep player's face away from the backboard, rim
and net. Serious injury could occur if teeth/face come in
contact with backboard, rim or net.
• Do not slide, climb, shake or play on base and/or pole.
• After assembly is complete, fill system completely with
water or sand and stake to the ground. Never leave system
in an upright position without filling base with weight, as
system may tip over causing injuries.
• When adjusting height or moving system, keep hands and
fingers away from moving parts.
• Do not allow children to move or adjust system.
• During play, do not wear jewelry (rings, watches, necklaces,
etc.). Objects may entangle in net.
• Surface beneath the base must be smooth and free of
gravel or other sharp objects. Punctures cause leakage and
could cause system to tip over.
• Keep organic material away from pole base. Grass, litter,
etc. could cause corrosion and/or deterioration.
• Check pole system for signs of corrosion (rust, pitting,
chipping) and repaint with exterior enamel paint. If rust has
penetrated through the steel anywhere, replace pole
• Check system before each use for proper ballast, loose
hardware, excessive wear and signs corrosion and repair
Check system before each use for instability.
• Do not use system during windy and/or severe weather
conditions; system may tip over. Place system in the
storage position and/or in an area protected from the wind
and free from personal property and/or overhead wires.
• Never play on damaged equipment.
• See instruction manual for proper installation and
• When moving system, use caution to keep mechanism from
• Keep pole top covered with cap at all times.
• Do not allow water in tank to freeze. During sub-freezing
weather add non-toxic antifreeze, sand or empty tank
completely and store. (Do not use salt.)
• Use extreme caution if placing system on sloped surface.
System may tip over more easily.
In the U.S.:1-800-558-5234 and Canada: 1-800-284-8339
Toll-Free Customer Service Number for U.S: 1-800-558-5234, For Canada: 1-800-284-8339, For Europe: 00 800 555 85234 (Sweden: 009 555 85234),
For Australia: 1-800-333 061 - Internet Address: http://www.huffysports.com
Most injuries are caused by misuse and/or not following instructions.
Use caution when using this system.
• If using a ladder during assembly, use extreme caution.
• Two (2) people are recommended for this operation.
• Check base regularly for leakage. Slow leaks could cause system to
tip over unexpectedly.
• Seat the pole sections properly (if applicable). Failure to do so could
allow the pole sections to separate during play and/or transport of the
• Climate, corrosion or misuse could result in system failure.
• Minimum operational height is 6'6" (1.98 m) to the bottom of
• This equipment is intended for home recreational use only and NOT
excessive competitive play.
• Read and understand the warning label affixed to pole. Label is
shown on page 1.
• The life of your basketball pole depends on many conditions. The
climate, placement of the pole, the location of the pole, exposure to
corrosives such as pesticides, herbicides or salts are all important.
• If technical assistance is required, contact Huffy Sports.
• Adult supervision is recommended when adjusting height.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS MAY
RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE AND WILL
Owner must ensure that all players know and
follow these rules for safe operation of the system.
To ensure safety, do not attempt to assemble this system without
following the instructions carefully. Proper and complete assembly,
use and supervision is essential for proper operation and to reduce
the risk of accident or injury. A high probability of serious injury
exists if this system is not installed, maintained, and operated
properly. Check entire box and inside all packing material for parts
and/or additional instructional material. Before beginning
assembly, read the instructions and identify parts using the
hardware identifier and parts list in this document.
For more information on assembly, placement, proper use and
maintenance, visit The American Basketball Council website at
REQUIRED TOOLS AND
• Two People
• Tape Measure
• Wood Board (Scrap)
• Wrenches: (Two of Each) 7/16”,
1/2”, 9/16”, 3/4” or Large and
Small Adjustable Wrenches
• Sawhorse or Support Table
• Garden Hose or Sand (300 lb.)
• Phillips Screwdriver
• 1/2” & 9/16” Extended Deep
Socket w/ Extension
WRITE IN YOUR MODEL NUMBER:________________
Customer Service Center • N53 W24700 South Corporate Circle • Sussex, WI 53089 • U.S.A.
A Huffy Company
Portable Basketball System with Elevator-Owners Manual
IMPORTANT! In U.S. and Canada only:
Have questions?...don’t go back to the store!
We appreciate your purchasing one of our many fine products. We are sure that you will be very satisfied with your selection. Although great care and effort have been taken, occasionally problems may occur. To
ensure prompt and correct handling of any problems, or to answer any questions, please contact our Toll-Free Customer Service Number listed below. Service will be quicker if you have your Model Number
(found on carton) and assembly instructions ready when calling. PLEASE WRITE YOUR MODEL NUMBER IN THE SPACE PROVIDED ABOVE.
NOTICE TO ASSEMBLERS
ALL Huffy Sports basketball Systems,
including those used for DISPLAYS,
MUST be assembled and ballasted with
sand or water according to instructions.
Failure to follow instructions could result
in SERIOUS INJURY. It is NOT
acceptable to devise a makeshift weight
The NBA and individual NBA member team identifications reproduced on this product are
trademarks and copyrighted designs, and/or other forms of intellectual property, that are the
exclusive property of NBA Properties, Inc. and the respective NBA member teams and may not
be used, in whole or in part, without the written consent of NBA Properties, Inc.