4 | ELECTRIC KETTLE SAFETY
ELECTRIC KETTLE SAFETY
9. The use of accessory attachments or replacement parts by not recommended
or sold by KitchenAid may cause re, electric shock, or injury.
10. Do not use outdoors.
11. Do not let cord hang over edge of table or counter, or touch hot surfaces.
12. To disconnect, turn any control to “OFF”, then remove plug from wall outlet.
13. Do not place on or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heated oven.
14. The Electric Kettle should only be used to heat water.
15. Do not use Electric Kettle without lid properly closed.
16. Do not use Electric Kettle with loose or weakened handle.
17. Do not use the appliance for other than intended use.
18. Do not clean Electric Kettle with abrasive cleaners, steel wool, or other
19. Do not overll Electric Kettle. If the kettle is overlled, boiling water may be ejected.
20. Scalding may occur if the lid is removed during the brewing cycles.
21. The appliance is only to be used with the stand provided.
22. Refer to the “Care and cleaning” section for instructions on cleaning the
surfaces in contact with food.
23. The heating element surface is subject to residual heat after use. Do not touch
hot surface. Use handles.
24. If the supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by the manufacturer, its
service agent, or similarly qualied persons in order to avoid a hazard.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This product is designed for household use only.
Volts: 120 V~
Hertz: 60 Hz
Wattage: 1500 W
NOTE: The Electric Kettle has a 3 prong
grounded plug. To reduce the risk of electrical
shock, this plug will ﬁt in an outlet only one
way. If the plug does not ﬁt in the outlet,
contact a qualiﬁed electrician. Do not modify
the plug in any way.
Do not use an extension cord. If the power
supply cord is too short, have a qualiﬁed
electrician or service technician install an
outlet near the appliance.
A short power supply cord (or detachable
power supply cord) should be used to reduce
the risk resulting from becoming entangled in
or tripped over a longer cord.
W11222477A_EN_v05.indd 4 6/6/18 8:49 AM