• Do not damage or deform the power supply USB cord. If it is damaged or deformed, it may
cause electric shock or malfunction when used. When removing from wall outlet, be sure to
remove by holding the plug attachment and not by pulling the cord.
• The power adapter & cord should be plugged in near the unit, so it is easily accessible and
does not strain the cord.
• While using some applications that use a lot of the device's processing capacity, the device
may become warm. If this occurs, take a short break from using the device to let it cool down.
• Keep the unit clean by wiping it with a slightly damp cloth.
• If you encounter any charging issues, such as not fully charging or shutting off when it has a
charge above 5%, you may need to reset the battery level indicator. Plug the unit into the power
adapter, and then press and hold the POWER button until the tablet turns off. Continue to hold
down the POWER button until the battery icon shows up again. Once it appears, release the
POWER button and press it again to start the unit normally.
• The Kurio bumper protects your tablet in most cases, but is only intended to make the product
more resistant to damage due to falls, bumps or other impact damages. Like any other
electronic device, Kurio is fragile and despite the presence of the protective bumper, can break
or be damaged from forces like dropping, banging, or being hit by other things. Please handle
with care. Broken screens and touch panels are not covered by the warranty, and no bumper
can prevent all damage.
• Due to Android 5.0's system management, it is no longer possible to move applications to an
external SD card. We advise you to store all media files on an external SD card to keep free
memory on the device's internal storage for apps and games.
Tips and Recommendations
• All packing materials such as internal bags, plastic collars, plastic films, screen protector
film, and carton inserts are not part of this product and should be removed before handing the
device over to a child. Please keep the box and this guide for further reference.
• Do not try to disassemble the unit.
• To charge Kurio, only use the power adapter supplied with Kurio tablet.
• Avoid using the tablet while charging: this may alter the battery charging process and the
battery life of the device.
• Keep the unit out of direct sunlight and away from any direct heat source.
• Do not expose the unit to moisture or water.
• To prevent hearing damage, never use earphones at excessive volume levels. Listening to
loud sounds for an extended period may cause temporary or permanent hearing loss.
• Never use Kurio while operating a motor vehicle or bicycle.
• If you feel discomfort in your hands or any pain using Kurio, please stop immediately.
• In case of long period of use, take frequent breaks.
• If a small part is coming out of the Kurio, don’t try to remove it. Keep it away from small children.
• Never force a connector into a port of Kurio. If a connector and a port do not join with
reasonable force, make sure that the connector matches the port and that you have
positioned the connector correctly in relation to the port.
• To clean up the screen, simply use a soft damp cloth. Do not use alcohol, solvent, aerosol
spray or abrasive cleaners to clean your Kurio.
• The silicone bumper is designed to protect from light use and drops, but is not guaranteed to
protect this delicate piece of electronics from severe drops, abuse, misuse, etc.
• The product and the adapter should be periodically examined for conditions that may result in
the risk of fire, electric shock, or injury to people and that, in an event of such conditions, the
adapter should not be used until properly repaired.
RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK
DO NOT OPEN
TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK DO NOT REMOVE
COVER OR BACK. NO USER-SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE. REFER SERVICING TO
QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL.
CAUTION: TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS
APPARATUS TO RAIN OR MOISTURE. DO NOT PLACE ANY OBJECTS FILLED WITH
LIQUIDS, SUCH AS VASES, ON THIS APPARATUS.
The lightning flash with arrow head
within a triangle is intended to tell
the user that parts inside the product
constitute a risk of electric shock to
The exclamation point within a
triangle is intended to tell the user
that important operating and
servicing instructions are in the
papers with the appliance.