• The audio source on a disc in a Dolby Digital multi-channel
surround format cannot be recorded as digital sound by an
MD or DAT deck.
• By hooking this unit up to a Dolby Digital decoder, you can
enjoy high-quality Dolby Digital multi-channel surround
sound as heard in the movie theaters.
• Playing back a DVD using incorrect settings may generate
noise distortion and may also damage the speakers.
Analog Audio Connection
Digital Audio Connection
RCA audio cable
Dolby Digital decoder,
MD deck or DAT deck
Connection to an Audio System
* To complete these settings, refer to pages 14-15.
SETUP > AUDIO>
Connecting to a Dolby Digital decoder
for Dolby Digital audio output.
Connecting to the other device
(an MD deck or DAT deck etc.)
without Dolby Digital decoder.
S-VIDEO OUT jack
Connect an optional S-video cable here through the S-video in jack of a television.
COMPONENT VIDEO OUT jacks
Connect optional component video cable here through the component video in jacks of a television.
VIDEO OUT jack
Connect a yellow video cable here through the video in jack of a television.
AUDIO OUT jacks
Connect an audio cable here through the audio in jacks of a television or other audio device.
DIGITAL AUDIO OUT COAXIAL jack
Connect a digital audio coaxial cable here through the digital audio coaxial in jack of a decoder or audio receiver.
• Please purchase the necessary cables at your local store. (Refer to pages 6-7.)
Supplied cables used in this connection are as
• RCA audio cable (L/R) x 1
Please purchase the rest of the necessary cables at
your local store.
E6K0UUD_DP100MW8B A.indd 7E6K0UUD_DP100MW8B A.indd 7 2008/01/08 13:52:582008/01/08 13:52:58