Majestic and Builder’s Choice Steel Limited Warranty (Online)
10 Years – Majestic Door Component • 2 Years – Base Prehung System (MSystem2)
2 Years – Builder’s Choice Door Component • 2 Years – Base Prehung System (MSystem2)
Milliken Millwork Inc. warrants that its Majestic and Builders Choice steel
entry door component product (“Product”) is free from defects in material
and workmanship which will make the Product unfit for its normal and
recommended use. THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY BEGINS ON THE
DATE OF PURCHASE BY THE CUSTOMER AND EXTENDS FOR THE
1. Ten (10) years for the Majestic door component of the base prehung
2. Two (2) years for the Builders Choice door component of the base
3. Two (2) years on our MSystem2 base prehung door system*. Milliken
Millwork will adjust, repair or replace the product if it fails to perform to
the published performance criteria based on independent testing. This
warranty extends for 2 years as long as you own your home. This warranty
4. Limited Lifetime Warranty when upgrading to Composite or FrameSaver
Frames for our MSystem Lifetime Warranty. This extends the warranty of
the prehung door unit, without extending the door component or door lite
component warranty. This warranty is nontransferable.
5. (ONLINE) Five (5) years from the date of installation for the painted
finish by Milliken Millwork, Inc. on the door component of the Majestic
Premium or Builder’s Choice prehung door unit. Coverage against
deficiencies in material and workmanship of the finish, as well as
coverage against flaking, cracking, checking, blistering, and peeling.
FINISH WARRANTY ONLY APPLICABLE TO STEEL DOORS PAINTED BY
MILLIKEN MILLWORK, INC. ALL PRIMED DOORS DO NOT QUALIFY FOR
THIS WARRANTY. This warranty is also not applicable to Steel doors
painted after purchase and installation by purchaser or 3
*Base prehung system = door component prehung on a primed wood
EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE:
This warranty does not cover:
1. Door units not installed according to published rough opening and
2. Defects or damages arising out of shipment by common carriers,
private transportation or other means of transportation.
3. Defects or damages arising out of improper handling or cleaning,
defective or improper installation, defective or improper glazing, accident,
act of God, intentional human act, misuse or abuse, or any other
circumstances beyond the control of Milliken Millwork.
4. Warp not exceeding 1/4" in the plane of the door panel, bow or
misalignment in the door frame in which the door panel is hung.
5. Products installed in high-moisture environments, such as swimming
pool enclosures or greenhouses.
6. Product used or installed in non-residential environments, including
but not limited to, retail or commercial applications.
7. Products not finished/painted in accordance with installation
8. Products finished/painted a dark color with prolonged exposure to
9. Product finished with non-recommended paints or topcoats.
10. Performance of finish paints.
11. Labor, shipping or other charges incurred or claimed by the Customer.
12. Use of chemical based cleaners on a prefinished unit.
WARRANTY CLAIM PROCEDURES:
If within the applicable warranty period the Customer discovers a defect in
Product which is covered by this warranty, the Customer must follow this
1. The Customer must promptly present a written claim to Milliken
Millwork Inc. 6361 Sterling Dr. North, Sterling Heights, MI 48312.
Milliken Millwork must receive this claim no later than ten (10) years on
Majestic doors and two (2) years on Builders Choice doors after the date
of the Customer’s purchase.
2. The Customer must use reasonable diligence to include in the written
claim all of the following:
a. Adequate description of defect(s).
b. Identification of Product design or pattern.
c. Exact Product size.
d. Date Product was manufactured.
e. Date of the Customer’s purchase, the date of delivery to the
Customer, and location of original purchase.
3. The Customer, at Milliken Millwork’s option, must permit Milliken
Millwork or its/representative to inspect the Product.
After receiving a valid claim, Milliken Millwork will, at its option, (a) repair
the Product, or (b) provide a replacement Product (or part, as appropriate)
of like kind and design.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY:
Milliken Millwork MAKES NO IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT (OR ANY REPLACEMENT),
AND MAKES NO OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED,
STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT (OR ANY
REPLACEMENT), EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT PROVIDED HEREIN.
LIMITATION OF REMEDIES:
THE REMEDIES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE THE CUSTOMER’S EXCLUSIVE
REMEDIES FOR BREACH OF WARRANTY. IN NO CASE SHALL MILLIKEN
MILLWORK BE LIABLE TO THE CUSTOMER OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR
ANY GENERAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. SOME
STATES DO NOT PERMIT ANY LIMITATION ON THE LENGTH OF AN IMPLIED
WARRANTY, OR ANY EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR
CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND THEREFORE SOME LIMITATION OR
EXCLUSIONS IN THIS WARRANTY MAY NOT APPLY.
Unless modified in a later writing signed by both Milliken Millwork and the
claimant, this warranty is the complete and exclusive warranty relating to
the Product, superseding all earlier agreements and other
communications relating to the Product. No employee of Milliken
Millwork or any other party is authorized to make any warranty in addition
to this warranty. Invalidation of any one or more of the provisions of this
warranty shall not invalidate or affect any one of the other provisions
hereof, which shall remain in full force and effect. This warranty is not
transferable. This warranty provides specific legal rights, and other rights,
which vary from state to state, may be available.