SPLIT-TYPE AIR CONDITIONERS INDOOR UNIT MSY-A24NA-1 For user OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS • To use this unit correctly and safely, be sure to read these operating instructions before use.
• OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS • CONTENTS ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ SAFETY PRECAUTIONS NAME OF EACH PART PREPARATION BEFORE OPERATION SELECTING OPERATION MODES FAN SPEED AND AIRFLOW DIRECTION ADJUSTMENT ECONO COOL OPERATION POWERFUL COOL OPERATION TIMER OPERATION (ON/OFF TIMER) CLEANING WHEN YOU THINK THAT TROUBLE HAS OCCURRED WHEN THE AIR CONDITIONER IS NOT GOING TO BE USED FOR A LONG TIME INSTALLATION PLACE AND ELECTRICAL WORK SPECIFICATIONS 1 3 4 5 6 7 7 7 8 9 10 10 10 SAFETY PRECAUTIONS • Since rotating p
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS CAUTION Do not operate switches with wet hands. • This may cause electric shock. Do not step on an unstable bench to operate or clean the unit. • This may cause injury if you fall down. Do not clean the air conditioner with water or place an object that contains water, such as a flower vase, on it. • This may cause fire or electric shock. Do not pull the power cord. • This may cause a portion of the core wire to break, which may cause overheating or fire.
• OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS • NAME OF EACH PART Indoor unit Remote controller Air cleaning filter (Anti-Allergy Enzyme Filter) Front panel Air filter (Catechin air filter) Air inlet Signal transmitting section Distance of signal : About 20ft(6 m) Beep(s) is (are) heard from the indoor unit when the signal is received.
PREPARATION BEFORE OPERATION Before operation: Insert the power supply plug into the power outlet and/or turn the breaker on. Installing the remote controller batteries 1. Remove the front lid RE SE T CL K OC 2. 3. • • • • • Insert AAA alkaline batteries Install the front lid Make sure the polarity of the batteries is correct. Do not use manganese batteries. The remote controller could malfunction. Do not use rechargeable batteries. Replace all batteries with new ones of the same type.
• OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS • SELECTING OPERATION MODES I FEEL mode The unit selects the operation mode according to the room temperature when AUTO is selected. When the room temperature is higher than 77°F (25°C), COOL is selected (set temperature: 75°F [24°C]). When the room temperature is lower than 77°F (25°C), DRY is selected. However, when operation is stopped and then started within 2 hours, the mode which has been selected previously is operated.
FAN SPEED AND AIRFLOW DIRECTION ADJUSTMENT Vertical airflow direction (AUTO) The vane is set to the most efficient airflow direction: horizontal position. (Manual) For efficient air conditioning, select upper position for COOL/DRY. During COOL/DRY, when the vane is set to position (4) or (5), the vane automatically moves to horizontal position after 1 hour to prevent water dripping. (Swing) The vane moves up and down intermittently. Press to select fan speed.
• OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS • ECONO COOL OPERATION Press during COOL mode page 5 to start ECONO COOL operation. TIMER OPERATION (ON/OFF TIMER) 1 Press The unit performs swing operation vertically in various cycle according to the temperature of the unit. Set temperature is set 4°F (2°C) higher automatically. Press • Pressing (ON timer) : 2 Press (Increase) and time of timer. Press during COOL mode page 5 to start POWERFUL COOL operation.
CLEANING Instructions: • Switch off the power supply or turn off the breaker before cleaning. • Be careful not to touch the metal parts with your hands. • Do not use benzine, thinner, polishing powder, or insecticide. • Use only diluted mild detergents. • Do not expose parts to direct sunlight, heat, or flames to dry. • Do not use water hotter than 120°F (50°C). Air cleaning filter (Anti-Allergy Enzyme Filter) Back side of air filter • Clean every 3 months.
• OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS • WHEN YOU THINK THAT TROUBLE HAS OCCURRED Even if these items are checked, when the unit does not recover from the trouble, stop using the air conditioner and consult your dealer. Symptom Explanation & Check points Indoor Unit The unit cannot be operated. • Is the breaker turned on? • Is the power supply plug connected? • Is the ON timer set? Page 7 The unit cannot be operated for about 3 minutes when restarted.
WHEN THE AIR CONDITIONER IS NOT GOING TO BE USED FOR A LONG TIME 1 Set to the highest temperature in manual COOL mode, and operate for 3 to 4 hours. Page 5 • This dries the inside of the unit. • Moisture in the air conditioner contributes to favorable conditions for growth of fungi, such as mold. 2 3 4 Press to stop the operation. INSTALLATION PLACE AND ELECTRICAL WORK Installation place Avoid installing the air conditioner in the following places. • Where there is much machine oil.
HEAD OFFICE: TOKYO BLDG.