Allegro_CID TAD.book Page 0 Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:30 PM Welcome… Introducing your Digital Cordless Telephone Answering Machine • Digital answering machine with up to 10 minutes (up to 59 messages) recording capacity • Caller ID to see who's calling before you pick up the phone • 40 Number calls log • 50 Names and numbers phonebook What's in the box: • handset • base • 2 x NiMH rechargeable batteries (1.
1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6. 7. 8.
English Allegro_CID TAD.book Page 2 Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:30 PM 12. 13. 14. 15. 16.
1. Setting up Follow these simple steps to prepare your phone ready for use. Finding a location Make sure your phone is: • Within 1.8 metres of a power and phone socket so that the cords will reach. • At least 1 metre away from other electrical appliances, to avoid interference. • Not located in humid or damp conditions, e.g. in a bathroom. Connecting your phone Connect the base power supply into the socket on the back of the base. Plug the other end into the mains power socket.
English Allegro_CID TAD.book Page 4 Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:30 PM Over time, as the batteries wear out, the charge capacity will reduce, so reducing the talk/standby time of the handset. Eventually the batteries will need to be replaced. 10.Press Setting the answering machine date and time Your answering machine comes pre-set to 'Answer On' and is ready to answer calls and take messages. So that you know exactly when each call was received, you should set the correct date and time.
2. Your Handset Controls & Functions Handset Speaker (back) Up/down Earpiece/Receiver Menu/OK Display Hook Cancel Speaker/Pause Phonebook Intercom Redial/Flash Temporary Tone #/Lock Microphone Cancel • Use to delete incorrect digits or letters during a text entry and number entry. • Press and hold to delete entire string during a text entry and number entry. • Press to go back to the previous menu during Menu operation. • Press and hold to return to standby mode during Menu operation.
English Body.fm Page 6 Tuesday, January 15, 2008 5:36 PM Redial / Flash • Use to access the redial list and menu options from standby mode. • Press for flash function during talk mode. • Press and hold to access the redial list from talk mode. Menu/OK • Press to access the menus from standby mode. • Press to confirm a setting. • Press and hold to power on/off the handset. • Use with # to switch the handset keypad lock On or Off.
Body.fm Page 7 Tuesday, January 15, 2008 5:36 PM Skip back • Press to replay messages. Answer On/Off • Press to switch your answering machine on and off. Volume down • Press to decrease the speaker volume. Find Handset • Press to locate a misplaced handset. • Press and hold for registering handsets. Play/Stop • Press to play messages. • Press to stop playback. Skip forward • Press to play next message. Delete • Delete a message. Volume Up • Press to increase the speaker volume.
English Allegro_CID TAD.book Page 8 Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:30 PM Symbol Explanation Function Button press Always displayed when your handset is on. If it flashes and you hear a warning tone during a call if the handset moves out of range, you will need to move closer to the base for clearer reception. Displayed when the keypad has been locked.
Function Handset range Button press Make internal call , enter internal handset number. Answering machine ON/ (on base). OFF Play/ Stop your messages. The handset range is up to 300 metres outdoors and up to 50 metres indoors (in ideal conditions). If the handset is too far away from the base, during standby, symbol will flash. During a call "SEARCHING" appears and the you will hear a warning tone and the call is terminated.
English Allegro_CID TAD.book Page 10 Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:30 PM Receive a call When you receive a call the handset and base will ring. The icon will flash in the handset display. If you have subscribed to a Caller ID service through your network supplier, the caller's number will be displayed (if available). If you store the number and name in the phonebook and the number matches with that of the Caller ID, the Caller name will appear and private ring will sound (if available).
4. Press or to select "DELETE" to delete the number selected or "DELETE ALL" to delete all numbers in the list. Press . 5. "CONFIRM ?" appears. Press . Mute When on a call you can mute the handset microphone and speak privately to someone in the same room, without your caller hearing you. 1. During a call, press . "CALL MUTED" is displayed while mute is on and your caller cannot hear you. 2. To resume your call, press again.
English Allegro_CID TAD.book Page 12 Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:30 PM For N, press twice. To enter a space, press Press 5. "NUMBER ?" is displayed. Enter the number. Press Stored numbers can be up to 20 digits long. Press to delete an incorrect digit. Press to confirm the number. . 6. "MELODY 1" is displayed. Press or to select a type and press . The phonebook entry is now stored.
4. If you select "DELETE ENTRY", press or to display the name for the entry you want (or search alphabetically). Press . 5. "CONFIRM ?" is displayed. Press . Phonebook status This allows you to show how many entries are stored in the phonebook. 1. Press . 2. Press or Press . to select "PHONEBOOK". 3. Press or to select "PB STATUS". Press The phonebook status is displayed. . or to select "TAM ON/OFF" and press . 5. Press or to select "OFF" or "ON" and press .
English Allegro_CID TAD.book Page 14 Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:30 PM RECORD: Record your own outgoing message after the announcement "Please speak after the tone". To stop, press . When you are finished, press . DEFAULT: Remove any used recorded outgoing message, and set the active message back to the default setting. Press to confirm. Record a memo Ring delay 2. Press The ring delay is the number of rings after which your answering machine will take an incoming call and play your outgoing message.
Allegro_CID TAD.book Page 15 Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:30 PM Button Function Delete the message Recording time available Up to 10 minutes of messages can be recorded. Press to play your messages. The total number of new (or old) messages is announced. As each message is played, the day and time the message was received are announced. Use or to adjust the volume during playback. During message playback: Press to skip forwards and play the next message. Press to replay the current message.
English Allegro_CID TAD.book Page 16 Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:30 PM message. "ANS NO REC" makes the answering machine answer calls but it won't let callers leave a message. "A" appears on the base display if you set to "ANS NO REC". In standby mode: 1. Press to access the main menu. 2. Press or to select "TAM" and press 3. Press or to select "TAM SETTINGS" and press 4. Press or to select "TAM MODE" and press or to select "ANS WITH REC" or "ANS NO REC" and press 5. Press . . . .
Button 5. "PIN ?" appears. Enter your base PIN code. Press The handset will reset and return to standby mode. Function Play messages 10. Handset and base menu settings Delete all messages Switch answering machine On/Off Record OGM Handset earpiece Check the remote security PIN code There are 5 earpiece volumes to choose from. 1. Press to access the main menu. 1. Press to select "TAM" and press . 2. Press or to select "HS SETTINGS" and press to select "TAM SETTINGS" and press 3.
English Allegro_CID TAD.book Page 18 Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:30 PM Handset ringer volume Auto answer There are 5 ringer volumes to choose from. You can also select volume Off if you do not want to be disturbed. You can set a different ringer volume for each handset registered to your base. Auto answer lets you answer the phone just by picking it up from the cradle. If you switch auto answer off, you have to press to answer a call, even if a handset is on the base. The default setting is On. 1.
Handset Label You can change the name your phone displays on the screen. If you have more than one handset, you can use the name to identify your handset. 1. Press 2. Press to access the main menu. or to select "HS SETTINGS" and press 1. Press 2. Press to access the main menu. to select "BS SETTINGS" and press 5. Press . 3. Press or to select "RING SETUP" and press 4. Press or until "BS VOLUME" is displayed and press . to access the main menu. or to select "HS SETTINGS". Press . 3.
English Allegro_CID TAD.book Page 20 Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:30 PM "KEY TONE" "BATTERY LOW" "RANGE ALARM" 1. Press Press . 2. Press 5. Press or if your switchboard uses Pulse dialling or if you cannot make a call using Tone dialling. to select "ON" or "OFF". Press until "BS SETTINGS" is displayed and press . to confirm. Flash 3.
On the handset you want to register: 5. Press . 6. "PIN ?" appears. Enter the base PIN code. The pre-set base PIN code is 0000. 7. Press . You will hear a confirmation tone when registration is complete. When in standby mode, the new handset number will be displayed. The handset will automatically be allocated with the next available handset number. If the registration fails, the handset display returns to the display of before the registration.
English Allegro_CID TAD.book Page 22 Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:30 PM 4. Press or Press . Speaker Volume Base Ringer Type Alarm Tone to select the base number. Resetting your phone If you reset your phone, both the base and handset will return to their pre-set (default) settings. If you have more than one handset registered to your base and you complete the following procedure, only the handset you reset and the base will go back to the default settings. For the base: 1.
Only the first 12 digits of the number are displayed. If the number has more than 13 digits you will see the symbol . If your caller's number is stored in the phonebook and an exact number match is found, the caller's name will be displayed instead of the number. Calls log 3. Press or 4. Press Copy a calls log number to the phonebook 1. Press To view the Calls log, press , select "CID BOOK" and press when the phone is in standby mode. Use or to scroll.
English Allegro_CID TAD.book Page 24 Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:30 PM 4. Press 5. Press . or 6. Press to select "DELETE ?" or "DELETE ALL". . 7. "CONFIRM ?" is displayed. Press . View details of the calls log 1. Press to access the main menu. 2. Press or to select "CID BOOK" and press calls log entry is displayed. . The latest 3. Press or to scroll through the calls log. Press 4. Press or to select "DETAILS". . Register your handset to another base Press .
2. Press or to take the external call. Transferring a call You can transfer an external caller from your handset to another internal handset. During an external call: 1. Press . The external caller is put on-hold. 2. Enter the number of the handset you want to transfer a call with using the number keypad. 3. When the called handset answers, press or place the handset back on the base to transfer the call. If the called handset does not answer, press the external caller.
English Allegro_CID TAD.book Page 26 Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:30 PM • Are you using the power adaptor supplied with your phone? Handset will not link up with the base • Is the symbol flashing? - if so, move closer to the base as you are out of range. • Is the handset registered to the base? - see page 20. • Buzzing noise on your radio, TV, computer or hearing aid? Sometimes your phone may interfere with other electrical equipment if it is placed too close.
• It is recommended that advice from a qualified expert be sought before using this product in the vicinity of emergency/intensive care medical equipment. • It is recommended that if you have a pacemaker fitted you check with a medical expert before using this product. • Your product may interfere with other electrical equipment, e.g. TV and radio sets, clock/alarms and computers if placed too close.
English Allegro_CID TAD.book Page 28 Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:30 PM 28 techniques to minimize the impact on the environment, treat any hazardous substances and avoid the increasing landfill. Product disposal instructions for residential users When you have no further use for it, please remove any batteries and dispose of them and the product per your local authority's recycling processes. For more information please contact your local authority or the retailer where the product was purchased.
Declaration of Conformance Hereby, Motorola declares that this telephone is in compliance with the essential requirements and other relevant provisions of Directive 1999/5/EC. The Declaration of Conformance for this telephone is published on the website: http://www.motorola.com/eu/ radios/technicaldocumentation English Allegro_CID TAD.
Allegro_CID TAD.book Page 30 Tuesday, January 15, 2008 4:30 PM , the Stylised M Logo and , the Stylised M Logo and aallllot her trademarks indicated as such herein are other trademarks indicated as such herein are trtraaddeema r k s of Motorola, I n c . ® . U.S.Pat. Pat. Tm. marks of Motorola, Inc. ® RReegg . U.S. && Tm. OfO f. ff. ©©M 2000088 Mooto torroollaa,, Inc. Inc. 2 Prininte tedd iinn P. P.R.