A / V D I S T R I B U T I O N & C O N T R O L S Y S T E M S CA6.4 Instruction Manual 6-Zone, 4-Source Central Controller/Amplifier TUNER CD TAPE S O U R C E AUX • ON / OFF • VOLUME • SOURCE SOURCE REMOTE SENSOR 6 Z O N E — 4 S O U R C E C E N T R A L C O N T R O L L E R / A M P L I F I E R ON 1 OFF POWER 2 3 4 5 6 ZONE CA 6.
1. Safety Instructions “WARNING” “ TO REDUCE THE RISK OF FIRE OR ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT EXPOSE THIS APPLIANCE TO RAIN OR MOISTURE.” “CAUTION” “ TO REDUCE THE RISK OF ELECTRIC SHOCK, DO NOT REMOVE COVER. NO USER SERVICEABLE PARTS INSIDE. REFER SERVICING TO QUALIFIED SERVICE PERSONNEL.
2. Introduction Congratulations on your recent purchase of the Russound CA6.4 multi-room controller. This six-zone, foursource, multi-room controller is an affordable integrated amplifier. The CA6.4 controller is the heart of the system. Six stereo power amplifiers are built into the Russound CA6.4 allowing simple connections to each speaker in the system. Each zone is operated by an intuitive easy-to-use keypad. The keypad controls all the functions of the CA6.4 controller. CA6.
Additional tools required to complete installation: • A keyhole saw. • Electrical junction boxes (6). • A stud finder. • A screwdriver (cordless recommended) • Misc. hand tools, nails & screws. • Cable staples. If you have problems or you are not absolutely comfortable with what you are doing, consult a professional carpenter, electrician, or system installer. 6.
7. Back Panel Connections 7.1 Source Input Connections • Your source inputs are located at the top left corner of the back panel. Connect each source output, left and right, using quality signal cables / patch cables. Label each cable the name of your source and the input number of the CA6.4 you have selected. Repeat until all sources are connected. List them down below. figure 1 –Input 1 ______________ Input 2 ______________ Input 3 ______________ Input 4 ______________ 7.
• Remove the adhesive back and locate the IR receiver on the product you wish to control. Stick the 845 emitter directly over the source components IR window. The CA6.4 will direct the IR command to the source component you wish to control. • Repeat connections until all emitters match the selected sources. 7.4 Connecting the IR Link • When two CA6.4 Controllers are to be used in an installation, the IR Link connection is used to pass IR signal between the REAR OF two units.
8.2 Installing the LRN Keypads • Connect the CA6.4 LRN’s Interface cable to the 16 pin header located on the CA6.4 KP Interface. Note the location of the red stripe. • Mount the keypads into double gang box and attach the double gang Decora plate. CA6.4 LRN INTERCONNECT CABLE CA6.4 KP RED STRIPE 9. Speaker Installation • If you are installing in-wall speakers, follow the instructions provided with your speakers for mounting. • Connect each speaker wire to the correct polarity (+,-).
11. Technical Information: • Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 KHz ( +/- 1 dB ) • 15 Watts RMS / Channel @ 8Ω • 12 Channels / 6 Stereo Amplifiers • Total Harmonic Distortion: .1% • Signal to Noise Ratio: 89 dB min, “A” weighted • Power Supply: ~110VAC/~220-240VAC 50-60Hz 400W High Current Toroidal • ETL listed. Conforms to UL Standard UL1492 and CSA Standard C22-2 No. 1-M94 • CE Approved • Fully Functional Keypad with IR Receiver Centered at 40 KHz 12. Warranty The Russound CA6.