Parts and Controls
Battery level LEDs
Mobile device holder
USB port (USB-A)
Micro USB port (USB-B)
Flight mode switch
C1 (Custom 1) button
C2 (Custom 2) button
C3 (Custom 3) button
C4 (Custom 4) button
AC adapter Power cord
• A damaged power cord may cause a fire or electric
shock. Observe the following cautions to avoid
damaging the power cord.
– Do not pinch the power cord between the unit and
a table, wall, or other object.
– Do not modify or damage the power cord.
– Do not place heavy objects on the power cord or
pull on the power cord.
– Keep the power cord away from heaters and other
– When you disconnect the power cord, always hold
it by the plug.
• Do not wrap the power cord or connection cables
around the AC adapter. This may cause the cord or
cables to break.
• Disconnect the power cord and connection cables
before moving the product. Otherwise, the power cord
and connection cables may be damaged, resulting in
a fire or electric shock, or connected equipment may
fall or topple over, causing injuries.
Also, take care not to drop the product.
• For safety reasons, if the product is not to be used for
long periods, unplug it from the wall outlet.
• Do not place or store the product in a location
exposed to direct sunlight or close to a heater. We
recommend storing the product at an ambient
temperature of 18 °C (64 °F) to 30 °C (86 °F).
• Do not let water or foreign objects get inside the
unit. This may cause a fire or electric shock. If water
or foreign objects get inside the unit, turn it off
immediately, and disconnect the power cord and
• Do not disassemble the product. Disassembly or
modification of the unit and the included AC adapter
or power cord may cause a fire or electric shock.
• Use only the included AC adapter. Use of a different
AC adapter may cause a fire, electric shock, or
• Do not use the product if there is a possibility of
lightning strike. A lightning strike may cause an
electric shock. If lightning is likely, unplug the product
from the wall outlet to prevent a fire, electric shock, or
• Use the included power cord. The included power
cord is for use exclusively with this unit, and cannot be
used with other products.
Also, use only the included power cord with the unit.
Use of a different power cord may generate heat,
causing a fire or electric shock.
• Do not use the unit with the air inlet/vent of the unit
blocked or with the unit or AC adapter covered by a
cloth or other object. Heat will build up and may cause
product failure. Turn off the unit before placing it in a
• Turn off the power and unplug the product from the
wall outlet before cleaning it with a dry cloth. If the
product is cleaned with the power connected, this
may cause an electric shock.
• Firmly connect the connectors.
– Do not insert metal objects into the connector
ports. This may short-circuit the pins and cause a
– Insert the connectors straight into the ports. If the
connectors are inserted at an angle, the pins may
short-circuit, causing a fire.
• Do not place this unit close to medical devices.
– This unit has magnet(s) which may interfere with
pacemakers, programmable shunt valves for
hydrocephalus treatment, or other medical devices.
– Do not place this unit close to persons who use
such medical devices. Consult your doctor before
using this unit if you use any such medical device.
• This product is designed for use only in the U.S.A.
– Use with 120 V AC power.
– Use with other voltages, such as in other countries
or regions, may cause a fire or electric shock. Note
that the AC adapter and power cord may support
different input voltages. Be sure to check the
descriptions of the AC adapter and power cord.
• Do not insert foreign objects or other items into the
air inlet or the air vent. This may cause product failure
• Do not subject the product to strong impacts. If you
apply excessive force to the product, such as by
putting a heavy object on top of it, dropping it, or
stepping on it, this may cause an injury or product
• Keep the product away from infants and young
children. If a person accidentally touches the moving
parts of the product while it is in operation, this may
cause damage to the product or injuries.
Be sure to observe the following cautions to avoid
heat generation, ignition, rupture, or other hazards.
• This product has a built-in battery.
• Charge the battery only by the method specified by
Sony. Please refer to the Startup Guide and Help Guide
for the aircraft.
• To reduce the risk of injury or property damage, do
not expose the batteries (battery pack or installed
batteries) to fire or other heat sources. Also, do not
crush or drop the battery pack or battery cell.
The available scientific evidence does not show that
any health problems are associated with using low
power wireless devices. There is no proof, however, that
these low power wireless devices are absolutely safe.
Low power Wireless devices emit low levels of radio
frequency energy (RF) in the microwave range while
being used. Whereas high levels of RF can produce
health effects (by heating tissue), exposure of low-level
RF that does not produce heating effects causes no
known adverse health effects. Many studies of low-level
RF exposures have not found any biological effects.
Some studies have suggested that some biological
effects might occur, but such findings have not been
confirmed by additional research. This equipment
has been tested and found to comply with FCC
radiation exposure limits set forth for an uncontrolled
environment and meets the FCC radio frequency (RF)
Contains FCC ID: AK8100224111
This transmitter must not be co-located or operated
in conjunction with any other antenna or transmitter
except Grant conditions.
You are cautioned that any changes or modifications
not expressly approved in this manual could void your
authority to operate this equipment.
Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity
Trade Name: SONY
Responsible Party: Sony Electronics Inc.
Address: 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego, CA 92127 U.S.A.
Telephone Number: 858-942-2230
This device complies with part 15 of the FCC rules.
Operation is subject to the following two conditions:
(1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and
(2) this device must accept any interference received,
including interference that may cause undesired
This equipment has been tested and found to comply
with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant
to part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed
to provide reasonable protection against harmful
interference in a residential installation. This equipment
generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy
and, if not installed and used in accordance with the
instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio
communications. However, there is no guarantee that
interference will not occur in a particular installation.
If this equipment does cause harmful interference to
radio or television reception, which can be determined
by turning the equipment off and on, the user is
encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or
more of the following measures:
– Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
– Increase the separation between the equipment and
– Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit
different from that to which the receiver is connected.
– Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV
technician for help.
Notes on Use
• This product is designed for use only in the U.S.A.
Operation is not guaranteed when used in other
countries or regions.
• Do not connect the AC adapter to an electronic
transformer (travel converter). This may cause heat
generation or product failure.
• The wireless transmission function of the product
is designed for use only in the U.S.A. Use in other
countries or regions may be punishable by law.
Caution when carrying the unit
Carry the unit by the handle bar. The handle bar, control
sticks, and mobile device holder may break if excessive
force is applied to these parts.
About the Wireless Transmission
Cautions when using this product
• When using this product to fly an aircraft, turn off the
® and Bluetooth® functions of the tablet or other
mobile device mounted on the unit.
• The unit has built-in antennas in a part of the handle
bar and a part close to the air vent. Take care not to
cover the parts containing the built-in antennas with
your hand, cables, or other objects.
• Point the handle bar (with built-in antenna) of the unit
toward the aircraft as shown in the illustrations below.
Aircraft is sold separately.
Handle bar (with built-in antenna)
Handle bar (with
Information about the system software
By updating the system software, you can add new
features to this product, improve user experience of the
product, and enhance security of the product. Please
use the dedicated app to keep your product updated.
Information about the third-party software
This product contains the software that includes
software components publicly available as the source
code or as free software or its derivative granted for use
under the license agreement imposed by the software
right holder other than Sony Group Corporation
(hereinafter referred to as “third-party software”).
To use any third-party software, you are bind to comply
with its license agreement. The license agreement of
each third-party software is provided on the website at
the following URL. You are advised to visit this website
and read each and every license agreement.
Some of the third-party software is applicable to GNU
General Public License (GPL) or GNU Lesser General
Public License (LGPL) described on the website at
the above URL. With compliance to the GPL/LGPL
conditions, you are entitled to obtain, alter, and
distribute the software code of such software. The
software code of each of such software is provided
on the website at the following URL. To download the
software code, access the website and select “RCR-VH1.”
Please be advised that no answer will be provided by
Sony to the inquiry concerning the contents of the
Make sure the supported mobile devices and system
versions on following site.
Compatible iPad models
• iPad Air (3rd generation)
• iPad mini (5th generation)
• iPad (8th generation)
• iPad (7th generation)
• iPad (6th generation)
Trademarks and copyrights
• Wi-Fi is registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance.
• The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered
trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any
use of such marks by Sony Group Corporation and its
subsidiaries is under license.
• The terms HDMI and HDMI High-Definition Multimedia
Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks
or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing
Administrator, Inc. in the United States and other
• Apple®, iPad®, iPad mini®, iPad Air® and iPhone® are
trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and
• Use of the Made for Apple badge means that an
accessory has been designed to connect specifically
to the Apple product(s) identified in the badge and
has been certified by the developer to meet Apple
performance standards. Apple is not responsible for
the operation of this device or its compliance with
safety and regulatory standards. Please note that use
of this accessory with an Apple product may affect
System and/or product names mentioned in this
document are, in general, registered trademarks or
trademarks of their respective developers and the “™”
®” marks are omitted in the text. Furthermore, any
copyrights not explicitly mentioned in this document
are the property of their respective owners.
RECYCLING RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES
Rechargeable batteries are recyclable.
You can help preserve our environment by returning
your used rechargeable batteries to the collection
and recycling location nearest you.
For more information regarding recycling of
rechargeable batteries, visit
Caution: Do not handle damaged or leaking
Printed in Japan
©2021 Sony Group Corporation