Use and Care Manual
© 2017 by Snow Joe
All rights reserved. Original instructions.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
A Division of Snow Joe
Model 20ViONLTE-HT20 Form No. SJ-20ViONLTE-HT20-880E-M
CORDLESS HEDGE TRIMMER
20 VOLT | RECHARGEABLE| 20-INCH
All Operators Must Read These
Instructions Before Use
Always follow these safety guidelines. Failure to do so may
result in serious bodily injury or death.
General Safety WARNINGS!
You and any other operator of this hedge trimmer must read,
understand, and follow these instructions in their entirety.
Failure to follow these instructions may result in ELECTRIC
SHOCK, FIRE, and/or serious PERSONAL INJURY.
Notice the personal safety alert symbol m used in this
manual to draw your attention to a WARNING given along
with the particular operating instruction. This means that
the operation requires special ATTENTION, CAUTION, and
mWARNING! This unit can be dangerous! Careless or
improper use can cause serious injury.
mWARNING! The moving blades can cut you. Keep
hands and feet away from the blades and the cutting area.
Before using the hedge trimmer, familiarize yourself with
the controls, especially how to stop the hedge trimmer in
an emergency. The only individuals who should use the
hedge trimmer are those who thoroughly understand these
instructions and know how to properly operate the unit.
Children should never be allowed access to the hedge trimmer.
Retain this manual for future reference and reread it at the start
of each trimming season.
1. Keep work area clean and well-lit – Cluttered, dark
areas invite accidents.
2. Replacement parts – When servicing this unit, use only
identical replacement parts. Replace or repair damaged
3. Keep children, bystanders, and pets away – All
spectators, including pets, should be kept a safe distance
away from the work area.
4. Know your product – Know how to start and stop the
machine. Be thoroughly familiar with the controls.
5. Use the right tool – Do not use this machine for any job
except that for which it was intended.
6. Dress properly – Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry as
such articles can become caught in moving parts. Wear
a protective covering to contain long hair. Wearing rubber
gloves and substantial non-slip footwear is recommended
when working outdoors.
7. Avoid accidental starting – Do not carry the hedge
trimmer with your nger on the switch. Make sure the
switch is o before inserting the battery.
mCAUTION! Moving parts will continue to run for several
seconds after turning o the machine.
8. Moving parts – Keep hands and feet away from moving
parts. Keep guards in place and in proper working order.
9. Do not force the tool – It will perform better with less
likelihood of personal or mechanical injury if it is used at
the rate for which it was designed.
10. Do not overreach – Keep proper footing and balance at
11. Use safety glasses – Also use safety footwear, snug-
tting clothing, protective gloves, hearing, and head
12. Remove the battery – Remove the battery when it is not
in use, before servicing it, when changing accessories,
and when performing any other maintenance task.
13. Store idle tool indoors – When not in use, the hedge
trimmer should be stored indoors in a dry and high or
locked-up place out of the reach of children.
14. Maintain the hedge trimmer with care – Keep the
cutting edges sharp and clean for optimal performance
and to reduce the risk of injury. Keep the handles
dry, clean, and free from oil and grease. Check for
misalignment or binding of moving parts, breakage
of parts and any other condition that may aect the
power tool’s operation. If damaged, have the power
tool repaired before use. Many accidents are caused
by poorly maintained power tools. Follow the additional
recommendations described in the maintenance section
of this manual.
15. Avoid dangerous environments – Do not use the hedge
trimmer in rain or in damp or wet locations. Do not operate
the hedge trimmer in gaseous or explosive atmospheres
or use the hedge trimmer near ammable or combustible
liquids. Motors in these tools normally spark, and the
sparks might ignite fumes.
16. Stay alert – Watch what you are doing. Use common
sense. Do not operate the hedge trimmer when you are