Protection from environmental inuences
1. Wear suitable work clothes. Wear safety goggles.
2. Protect your cordless tool and the battery charger from
moisture and rain. Moisture and rain can cause dangerous
3. Do not use the cordless tool or the battery charger near
vapors and ammable liquids.
4. Use the battery charger and cordless tools only in dry
conditions and at an ambient temperature of 41ºF – 105°F
(5°C – 40.5°C).
5. Do not keep the battery charger in places where the
temperature is liable to reach over 105°F (40.5°C). In
particular, do not leave the battery charger in a car that is
parked in the sunshine.
6. Protect the battery from overheating. Overloads,
overcharging and exposure to direct sunlight will result
in overheating and cell damage. Never charge or work
with battery that have been overheated – replace it
immediately, if possible.
7. Store the charger and your cordless tool only in dry
locations with an ambient temperature of 41ºF – 105°F
(5°C – 40.5°C). Store your lithium-ion battery pack in a
cool, dry place at a temperature of 77°F (25°C). Protect
the battery pack, charger and cordless tool from humidity
and direct sunlight. Only place fully charged battery in
storage (charged to at least 40%).
8. Prevent the lithium-ion battery pack from freezing. Battery
pack that was stored below 32°F (0°C) for more than 60
minutes must be discarded.
9. When handling batteries, be wary of electrostatic charge.
Electrostatic discharges can damage the electronic
protection system and the battery cells. Avoid electrostatic
charging and never touch the battery poles.