© 2017 by Snow Joe
All rights reserved. Original instructions.
A Division of Snow Joe
Form No. SJ-GTS4000E-880E-M
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
LAWN + GARDEN MULTI-TOOL SYSTEM
HEDGE TRIMMER | POLE HEDGE TRIMMER | GRASS TRIMMER | GARDEN TILLER
All Operators Must Read These
Instructions Before Use
Always follow these safety guidelines. Failure to do so may
result in serious bodily injury or death.
General Safety WARNINGS!
You and any other operator of this power tool must read,
understand, and follow these instructions in their entirety.
Failure to follow these instructions may result in ELECTRIC
SHOCK, FIRE, and/or serious PERSONAL INJURY.
Notice the personal safety alert symbol m used in this
manual to draw your attention to a WARNING given along
with the particular operating instruction. This means that
the operation requires special ATTENTION, CAUTION, and
mWARNING! This unit can be dangerous! Careless or
improper use can cause serious injury.
mWARNING! The rotating blades can cut you. Keep
hands and feet away from the blades and the cutting area.
Before using the power tool, familiarize yourself with the
controls, especially how to stop the power tool in an
emergency. The only individuals who should use the power
tool are those who thoroughly understand these instructions
and know how to properly operate the unit. Children should
never be allowed access to the power tool.
Retain this manual for future reference and reread it at the start
of each season.
1. Keep work area clean and well-lit – Cluttered, dark
areas invite accidents.
2. Replacement parts – When servicing this unit, use only
identical replacement parts. Replace or repair damaged
3. Keep children, bystanders, and pets away – All
spectators, including pets, should be kept a safe distance
away from the work area.
4. Know your product – Know how to start and stop the
machine. Be thoroughly familiar with the controls. Ensure
the controls (start/stop) function properly before using.
5. Use the right tool – Do not use this power tool for any job
except that for which it was intended.
6. Dress properly – Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry as
such articles can become caught in moving parts. Wear
a protective covering to contain long hair. Wearing rubber
gloves and substantial non-slip footwear is recommended
when working outdoors.
7. Extension cords – To prevent electric shock, use only
with an extension cord suitable for outdoor use.
8. Avoid accidental starting – Do not carry the power tool
with your nger on the switch. Make sure the switch is o
before plugging in or unplugging the unit.
mCAUTION! Moving parts will continue to run for several
seconds after turning o the machine.
9. Do not abuse the cord – Never carry the power tool
by the cord or yank the cord to disconnect it from the
receptacle. Keep the cord away from heat, oil, and sharp
10. Moving parts – Keep hands and feet away from moving
parts. Keep guards in place and in proper working order.
11. Do not force the tool – It will perform better with less
likelihood of personal or mechanical injury if it is used at
the rate for which it was designed.
12. Do not overreach – Keep proper footing and balance at
13. Use safety glasses – Also use safety footwear, snug-
tting clothing, protective gloves, hearing, and head
14. Disconnect the tool – Disconnect the power tool from
the power supply when it is not in use, before servicing
it, when changing accessories, and when performing any
other maintenance task.
15. Store idle tool indoors – When not in use, the power tool
should be stored indoors in a dry and high or locked-up
place out of the reach of children.
16. Maintain the power tool with care – Keep the cutting
edges sharp and clean for optimal performance and
to reduce the risk of injury. Inspect the extension cord
periodically and immediately replace it if damaged. Keep
the handles dry, clean, and free from oil and grease.
Follow the additional recommendations described in the
maintenance section of this manual.
17. Avoid dangerous environments – Do not use the power
tool in rain or in damp or wet locations. Do not operate
the power tool in gaseous or explosive atmospheres or
use the power tool near ammable or combustible liquids.
Motors in these tools normally spark, and the sparks
might ignite fumes.