© 2017 by Snow Joe
All rights reserved. Original instructions.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
A Division of Snow Joe
Model GTS4002C Form No. SJ-GTS4002C-880E-M
CORDLESS LAWN + GARDEN
24-VOLT | HEDGE + POLE TRIMMER | GRASS TRIMMER + EDGER| POLE CHAIN SAW
All Operators Must Read These
Instructions Before Use
Always follow these safety guidelines. Failure to do so may
result in serious bodily injury or death.
mWARNING! This appliance is not intended for use
by children or by unassisted, unsupervised persons whose
physical, sensory or mental capabilities prevent them from
using it safely. Children should be supervised to ensure that
they do not play with the appliance.
Before starting up your machine, please check it carefully for
any defects. If you nd any, do not start up your machine.
Contact your authorized Snow Joe
+ Sun Joe
call the Snow Joe
+ Sun Joe
customer service center at
mWARNING! When using the power tool, basic safety
precautions should always be followed to reduce the risk of
re, electric shock, and personal injury. These include:
1. Keep work area clean and well-lit – Cluttered, dark
areas invite accidents.
2. Avoid dangerous environments – Do not use the power
tool in rain, in damp or wet locations, or in bad weather,
especially when there is a risk of lighting. This decreases
the risk of being struck by lighting. Do not operate the
power tool in gaseous or explosive atmospheres or use
the power tool near ammable or combustible liquids.
Motors in these tools normally spark, and the sparks
might ignite fumes.
3. Know your product – Know how to start and stop the
machine. Be thoroughly familiar with the controls.
4. Keep children, bystanders, and pets away – All
spectators, including pets, should be kept a safe distance
away from the work area.
5. Dress properly – Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry.
They can get caught in moving parts. Protective rubber
gloves and non-slip footwear are recommended when
6. mCAUTION! – Exercise caution to avoid slipping or
falling. Wear protective footwear that will protect your feet
and improve your footing on slippery surfaces.
7. Stay alert – Watch what you are doing. Use common
sense. Do not operate the power tool when you are tired,
or under the inuence of alcohol or drugs.
8. Do not overreach – Keep proper footing and balance at
9. Avoid unintentional starting – Do not carry the power
tool with your nger on the trigger. Make sure the switch is
o before inserting the battery.
10. Use the right appliance – Do not use the power tool
for any applications other than those for which it was
11. Blades are sharp – Don't grasp the exposed cutting
blades or cutting edges when picking up or holding the
12. Use two hands – Hold the telescoping pole and handle
with both hands to avoid loss of control.
13. Remove the battery – Remove the battery from the
power tool when it is not in use, before servicing it, when
changing accessories, and when performing any other
14. Use safety glasses – Also use safety footwear, snug-
tting clothing, protective gloves, hearing and head
15. Use head protection – Always use head protection when
operating the power tool overhead. Falling debris can
result in serious personal injury.
16. Do not force the tool – It will perform better with less
likelihood of personal or mechanical injury if it is used at
the rate for which it was designed.
17. Store indoors – When not in use, the power tool should
be stored indoors in a dry and high or locked-up place out
of the reach of children.
18. Check for damaged parts – Before further use of the
appliance, all guards and parts should be carefully
checked to determine that it will operate properly and
perform its intended function. Check for alignment of
moving parts, binding of moving parts, breakage of parts,
mounting, and any other condition that may aect its
operation. A guard or other part that is damaged should
be properly repaired or replaced. Contact the Snow Joe
+ Sun Joe
customer service center at 1-866-SNOWJOE
(1-866-766-9563) for assistance.