IMPORTANT! Never allow the battery pack to become fully
discharged as this will cause irreversible damage to the
mDANGER! Never start the motor before installing the
guide bar, chain, and chain/sprocket end cover. Without all
these parts in place, the clutch can y o or explode, exposing
the user to potentially serious injuries.
Installing/Replacing Guide Bar And
Tools and supplies required:
• Hex key wrench (provided)
• Heavy-duty work gloves
NOTE: When replacing the guide bar and chain, use only
identical replacement parts. Make sure the pole chain saw
is disconnected with the battery before proceeding with
1. Remove the hex bolt by screwing it counterclockwise with
the hex key wrench (Fig. 3).
2. Screw the chain/sprocket end cover knob
counterclockwise to release chain/sprocket end cover
(Figs. 4 – 5).
3. Remove the bar and chain from the mounting surface
4. Remove the old chain from the bar.
5. Lay out the new saw chain in a loop and straighten any
kinks. THE SHARP SIDE OF THE TEETH MUST FACE
AWAY FROM YOU IN THE DIRECTION OF THE CHAIN
ROTATION INDICATED ON THE GUIDE BAR . If
the teeth face backwards, turn the loop over (Fig. 7).
6. Starting at the tip, mount the chain drive links into the
bar groove, leaving a loop at the back of the bar. The
chain will loosely t until it is placed on the sprocket
(Figs. 8 – 9).
Pole Chain Saw
Hex key wrench
end cover knob
Sharp cutting edge
Chain drive link