2. Apply a small amount of suitable lubricant on the blades
to retain a good cutting performance (Fig. 31).
3. Keep the blades sharp. Have a worn or damaged cutting
device replaced with a new one of the same type by a
qualied specialist. Spare parts may be ordered online at
snowjoe.com or via phone by contacting the Snow Joe
+ Sun Joe
customer service center at 1-866-SNOWJOE
When the tool will not be used for several months, it is ideal
to leave the battery connected to the charger. For optimal
storage, proceed as follows:
• Fully charge the battery.
• Clean the product as describe above.
• Assemble the blade covers over the blades (Fig. 32).
• Store the tool in a secure and dry location. The storage
temperature must always remains in the range of
41 °F (5 °C) to 104 °F (40 °C).
• Before using the tool after prolonged storage, fully
recharge the battery.
Battery Caution + Disposal
Always dispose of your battery pack according to federal,
state, and local regulations. Contact a recycling agency in your
area for recycling locations.
mCAUTION! Even discharged battery packs contain
some energy. Before disposing, use electrical tape to cover
the terminals to prevent the battery pack from shorting, which
could cause a re or explosion.
mWARNING! To reduce the risk of injury or explosion,
never burn or incinerate a battery pack even if it is damaged,
dead, or completely discharged. When burned, toxic fumes
and materials are emitted into the surrounding atmosphere.
1. Batteries vary according to device. Consult your manual
for specic information.
2. Install only new batteries of the same type in your product
3. Failure to insert batteries in the correct polarity, as
indicated in the battery compartment or manual, may
shorten the life of the batteries or cause batteries to leak.
4. Do not mix old and new batteries.
5. Do not mix Alkaline, Standard (Carbon-Zinc), or
Rechargeable (Nickel Cadmium, Nickel Metal Hydride, or
6. Do not dispose of batteries in re.
7. Batteries should be recycled or disposed of as per state
and local guidelines.
Service and Support
If your Sun Joe
2-in-1 cordless grass shear + hedge trimmer
with telescoping pole requires service or maintenance, please
call the Snow Joe
+ Sun Joe
customer service center at
Model and Serial Numbers
When contacting the company or reordering parts, you will
need to provide the model and serial numbers of your product.
These are found on the decal axed to the housing or handle
of your cordless grass shear + hedge trimmer. Copy these
numbers into the space provided below.
Record the following numbers from the housing or handle of your
H J 6 0 5 C C