• Unplug charger when not in use – Make sure to remove
battery packs from unplugged chargers.
mWARNING! To reduce the risk of electric shock,
always unplug the charger before performing any cleaning or
maintenance. Do not allow water to ow into the AC/DC plug.
Use a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) to reduce shock
• Do not burn or incinerate battery packs – Battery packs
may explode, causing personal injury or damage. Toxic
fumes and materials are created when battery packs are
• Do not crush, drop or damage battery packs – Do not
use the battery pack or charger if they have sustained a
sharp blow, been dropped, run over or have been damaged
in any way (e.g. pierced with a nail, hit with a hammer,
stepped on, etc.).
• Do not disassemble – Incorrect reassembly may pose
a serious risk of electric shock, re or exposure to toxic
battery chemicals. If the battery or charger are damaged,
contact your Snow Joe
+ Sun Joe
dealer or Snow Joe
+ Sun Joe
customer service center at 1-866-SNOWJOE
• Battery chemicals cause serious burns – Never let a
damaged battery pack contact the skin, eyes or mouth.
If a damaged battery pack leaks battery chemicals, use
rubber or neoprene gloves to safely dispose of it. If skin
is exposed to battery uids, wash the aected area with
soap and water and rinse with vinegar. If eyes are exposed
to battery chemicals, immediately ush with water for 20
minutes and seek medical attention. Remove and dispose
of contaminated clothing.
• Do not short circuit – A battery pack will short circuit if
a metal object makes a connection between the positive
and negative contacts on the battery pack. Do not place a
battery pack near anything that may cause a short circuit,
such as paper clips, coins, keys, screws, nails and other
metallic objects. A short-circuited battery pack poses a risk
of re and severe personal injury.
• Store your battery pack and charger in a cool, dry
place – Do not store the battery pack or charger where
temperatures may exceed 104ºF (40ºC), such as in direct
sunlight or inside a vehicle or metal building during the
Information about the battery
1. The battery pack supplied with your hybrid lawn mower is
not charged. The battery pack has to be charged before
you use the tool for the rst time.
2. For optimum battery performance avoid low discharge
cycles. Charge the battery pack frequently.
3. Store the battery pack in a cool place, ideally at 59°F
(15°C) and charged to at least 40%.
4. Lithium-ion batteries are subject to a natural aging
process. The battery pack must be replaced at the latest
when its capacity falls to just 80% of its capacity when
new. Weakened cells in an aged battery pack are no
longer capable of meeting the high power requirements
needed for the proper operation of your lawn mower, and
therefore pose a safety risk.
5. Do not throw battery packs into an open re. There is a
risk of explosion!
6. Do not ignite the battery pack or expose it to re.
7. Do not exhaustively discharge batteries. Exhaustive
discharge will damage the battery cells. The most
common cause of exhaustive discharge is lengthy storage
or non-use of partially discharged batteries. Stop working
as soon as the performance of the battery falls noticeably
or the electronic protection system triggers. Place the
battery pack in storage only after it has been fully charged.
8. Protect batteries and the tool from overloads. Overloads
will quickly result in overheating and cell damage inside
the battery housing even if this overheating is not
9. Avoid damage and shocks. Immediately replace batteries
that have been dropped from a height of more than one
meter or those that have been exposed to violent shocks,
even if the housing of the battery pack appears to be
undamaged. The battery cells inside the battery may have
suered serious damage. In such instances, please read
the waste disposal information for proper battery disposal.
10. If the battery pack suers overloading and overheating,
the integrated protective cuto will switch o the
equipment for safety reasons.
IMPORTANT! Do not press the ON/OFF switch any more
if the protective cut-o has been activated. This may
damage the battery pack.
11. Use only original battery packs. The use of other batteries
poses a re risk and may result in injuries or an explosion.