Use and Care Manual
© 2017 by Snow Joe
All rights reserved. Original instructions.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
A Division of Snow Joe
Model PJ3600C Form No. SJ-PJ3600C-880E-M
3.6 V | RECHARGEABLE
All Operators Must Read These
Instructions Before Use
Always follow these safety guidelines. Failure to do so may
result in serious bodily injury or death.
General Safety WARNINGS!
Notice the personal safety alert symbol m used in this manual
to draw your attention to a WARNING given along with the
particular operating instruction. This means that the operation
requires special ATTENTION, CAUTION, and AWARENESS.
When using this power tool, basic safety precautions, including
the following, should always be followed to reduce the risk of
re, electric shock, personal injury and material damage.
mWARNING! This unit can be dangerous! Careless or
improper use can cause serious injury.
mWARNING! The cutting blades can cut you. Keep hands
and feet away from the blades and the cutting area.
Retain this manual for future reference and reread it at the start
of each trimming season.
mWARNING! This battery-operated power tool must be
recharged only with the specic charging unit for the battery. A
charging unit that may be suitable for one type of battery may
create a risk of re when used with another battery type.
• Avoid accidental starting.
• When the tool is not in use, keep it away from other metal
• Before operating the tool, read the entire manual carefully
and make sure you know how to switch the tool OFF in an
Work Area Safety
1. Keep work area clean and well lit. Cluttered and dark
areas invite accidents.
2. Do not operate power tools in explosive atmospheres,
such as in the presence of ammable liquids, gases or
dust. Power tools create sparks which may ignite the dust
3. Keep bystanders and children away. All bystanders,
including children and pets, should be kept a safe
distance away from the work area.
4. Avoid dangerous environment. Don't use the appliance
in wet or damp location.
1. If the battery charger cable is damaged, please call the
+ Sun Joe
customer service center at
2. If charging the power tool in a damp location is
unavoidable, use a residual current device (RCD)
protected power supply. The using of an RCD reduces the
risk of electric shock.
3. Power tool plugs must match the outlet. Never modify
the plug in any way. Do not use any earthed (grounded)
power tools or battery chargers. Unmodied plugs and
matching outlets will reduce risk of electric shock.
4. Avoid body contact with earthed or grounded surfaces
such as pipes, radiators, ranges and refrigerators.
There is an increased risk of electric shock if your body is
earthed or grounded.
5. Do not expose power tools to rain or wet conditions.
Water entering a power tool will increase the risk of
6. Do not abuse the charging cord. Never use the cord
for carrying, pulling or unplugging the power tool. Keep
cord away from heat, oil, sharp edges or moving parts.
Damaged or entangled cords increase the risk of electric
7. Battery charger is for indoor use only. Only charge this
battery-powered tool indoors.
1. Stay alert. Watch what you are doing and use common
sense when operating a power tool. Do not use the
power tool while you are tired or under the inuence of
drugs, alcohol or medication. A moment of inattention
while operating power tool may result in serious personal
2. Use personal protective equipment. Always wear eye
protection. Protective equipment such as safety glasses,
a dusk mask, non-skid safety shoes, a hard hat, and
hearing protection, when used for appropriate conditions,
will reduce the possibility of personal injuries.
3. Avoid unintentional starting. Ensure the switch is in the
OFF position before connecting to the power source/