• When operating the unit as a blower, never point the blower
nozzle in the direction of people or pets or in the direction of
windows. Use extra caution when blowing debris near solid
objects, such as trees, automobiles and walls.
• Be sure to secure the unit when transporting it.
• Never douse or squirt the unit with water or any other liquid.
Clean the unit after each use as described in the cleaning
and storage section.
1. Ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protection should
be provided on the circuit(s) or outlet(s) to be used for
this electric blower vac. Receptacles are available having
built-in GFCI protection and may be used for this
measure of safety.
2. Make sure that the mains voltage matches that listed on
the unit's rating label. Using the improper voltage can
damage the motor and injure the user.
3. To prevent electric shock, use only with an extension cord
suitable for outdoor use, such as SW-A, SOW-A, STW-A,
STOW-A, SJW-A, SJOW-A, SJTW-A, or SJTOW-A.
Before use, check that the extension cord is in good
condition. When using an extension cord, make sure to
use one heavy enough to carry the current your product
will draw. For lengths less than 50 ft (15 m), a No.16 AWG
(or greater) extension cord should be used. An undersized
cord will cause a drop in line voltage resulting in loss of
power and overheating.
4. To reduce the risk of electric shock, this appliance has a
polarized plug (i.e. one blade is wider than the other). Use
this appliance only with a polarized UL-, CSA- or ETL-
listed extension cord recommended for outdoor,
all-weather use, such as the Snow Joe
+ Sun Joe
Power Joe SJTW-A 14-gauge 50-foot extension cord with
lighted end (Model PJEXT50-B). Visit snowjoe.com to
purchase this extension cord online or, to order by phone,
call 1-866-SNOWJOE (1-866-766-9563).
The appliance plug will t into a polarized extension
cord only one way. If the appliance plug does not t
fully into the extension cord, reverse the plug. If the plug
still does not t, obtain a correct polarized extension
cord. A polarized extension cord will require the use of a
polarized wall outlet. The extension cord plug will t into
the polarized wall outlet only one way. If the plug does
not t fully into the wall outlet, reverse the plug. If the plug
still does not t, contact a qualied electrician to install
the proper wall outlet. Do not modify the appliance plug,
extension cord receptacle or extension cord plug in any
5. To prevent the appliance cord from disconnecting from the
extension cord during operation, make a knot with the two
cords as shown in Table 1.
6. Do not abuse the cord. Never pull the blower vac by the
cord or yank the cord to disconnect it from the receptacle.
Keep the cord away from heat, oil and sharp edges.
m WARNING m
Electric shock may cause SEVERE INJURY or
DEATH. Heed these warnings:
• Do not allow any part of the electric blower vac to
make contact with water while it is in operation. If the
appliance becomes wet while turned o, wipe dry
• Use only a UL-, CSA- or ETL-rated extension cord
for outdoor, all-weather use, such as the Snow Joe
Power Joe SJTW-A 14-gauge 50-foot
extension cord with lighted end (Model PJEXT50-B).
Visit snowjoe.com to purchase this extension cord
online or, to order by phone, call 1-866-SNOWJOE
• Do not use an extension cord over 100 ft (30 m).
• Do not touch the appliance or its plug with wet hands
or while standing in water. Wearing rubber boots
oers some protection.
EXTENSION CORD CHART
Min. Wire Gauge (A.W.G.):
50 ft (15 m)
100 ft (30 m)
(B) Connect plug and receptacle
Cord set Appliance cord
(A) Tie cord as shown
Table 1. Method of Securing Extension Cord