it, when changing accessories and when performing any
other maintenance task.
12. Store idle tool indoors – When not in use, the blower vac
should be stored indoors in a dry and locked-up place out
of the reach of children.
13. Maintain the blower vac with care – Keep the air
inlet/outlet and the fan area clear and clean for optimal
performance and to reduce the risk of injury. Inspect the
extension cord periodically and immediately replace it
if damaged. Keep the handles dry, clean and free from
oil and grease. Follow the additional recommendations
described in the maintenance section of this manual.
14. Use the right tool – Do not use the tool for any job except
that for which it is intended.
15. Avoid dangerous environments – Do not use the blower
vac in rain, damp or wet locations. Do not operate the
blower vac in gaseous or explosive atmospheres or use
the blower vac to pick up ammable or combustible
liquids. Motors in these tools normally spark, and the
sparks might ignite fumes.
16. Stay alert – Watch what you are doing. Use common
sense. Do not operate the blower vac when you are
tired or under the inuence of drugs, alcohol or other
• Keep rm footing and maintain good balance at all times.
Do not overreach. Overreaching can result in loss of
• Turn o all controls before unplugging the tool.
• Do not use the tool if the power switch does not turn it ON
or OFF. Any tool that cannot be controlled with the switch is
dangerous and must be repaired.
• Do not use the tool with a damaged plug. If the tool is not
working as it should or has been dropped, damaged, left
outdoors or dropped into water, return it to an authorized
+ Sun Joe
dealer or contact the Snow Joe
customer service department at 1-866-SNOWJOE
• Do not pick up anything that is burning or smoking, such as
cigarettes, matches or hot ashes.
• Do not use without the dust bag and/or lters in place.
• Carefully inspect your appliance prior to use and follow all
label and marking instructions.
• Always unplug this appliance before connecting or
disconnecting the collection bag.
• Do not use for wet material.
• During operation, make sure that the vacuum inlet is
• Never let children operate the unit.
• Keep all parts of your body away from any moving parts
and all hot surfaces of the unit.
• Do not put any object into the tool's openings. Do not use
the tool with any opening blocked; keep openings free of
dust, lint, hair or any other object that may reduce air ow.
• Check the work area before each use. Remove all objects
such as rocks, broken glass, nails, wire or string which can
be thrown or become entangled in the machine.
• Service on the product must be performed by qualied
repair personnel only. Service or maintenance performed
by unqualied personnel could result in injury to the user or
damage to the product.
• This blower vac is intended for residential use only.
Commercial use of this product is prohibited and will void
the manufacturer's warranty.
• Never douse or squirt the unit with water or any other liquid.
Clean the unit after each use as described in the cleaning
and storage section.
• Prevent cords, plastic bags, or similar items from getting
sucked in, as these might wrap around the impeller fan,
which may cause an overload or blocking of the motor.
In such a case, switch the blower vac o. Do not leave
the blower vac switched on with the motor overloaded or
• Always operate the machine in an upright position. Do not
operate it tilted to one side or even upside-down.
1. Ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protection should
be provided on the circuit(s) or outlet(s) to be used for
this electric garden vacuum. Receptacles are available
having built-in GFCI protection and may be used for this
measure of safety.
2. Make sure that the mains voltage matches that listed on
the unit's rating label. Using the improper voltage can
damage the motor and injure the user.
3. To prevent electric shock, use only with an extension cord
suitable for outdoor use, such as SW-A, SOW-A, STW-A,
STOW-A, SJW-A, SJOW-A, SJTW-A, or SJTOW-A.
Before use, check that the extension cord is in good
condition. When using an extension cord, make sure to
use one heavy enough to carry the current your product
will draw. An undersized cord will cause a drop in line
voltage resulting in loss of power and overheating.