17. Stay alert – Watch what you are doing. Use common
sense. Do not operate the pole hedge trimmer when you
are tired or under the inuence of drugs, alcohol, or other
18. Check for damaged parts – Before further use of the
appliance, a guard or other part that is damaged should
be carefully checked to determine that it will operate
properly and perform its intended function. Check for
alignment of moving parts, binding of moving parts,
breakage of parts, mounting, and any other condition
that may aect its operation. A guard or other part that
is damaged should be properly repaired or replaced.
Contact the Snow Joe
+ Sun Joe
center at 1-866-SNOWJOE (1-866-766-9563) for
Additional Safety Rules for Pole
1. Remove any adjusting key or wrench before turning
the power tool on. A wrench or key left attached to the
rotating part of the power tool may result in personal
2. If devices or facilities are available for the extraction and
collection of dust, ensure these are connected or properly
used. Use of these devices can reduce dust related
3. Remove any blade that has been damaged. Always make
sure that the blade is installed correctly and securely
fastened before each use. Failure to do so can cause
4. Hold the pole hedge trimmer by insulated gripping
surfaces only, because the cutter blade may contact
hidden wiring or its own cord. Cutter blades contacting a
"live" wire may electrify exposed metal parts of the power
tool and could give the operator an electric shock.
5. Maintain a rm grip on the handle and pole while cutting
with the blade. Keep the blade away from body.
6. Hold pole hedge trimmer properly, e.g., with both hands
if two handles are provided. Loss of control can cause
7. Keep extension cord away from cutting area. During
operation the extension cord may be hidden in shrubs and
can be accidentally cut by the blade.
8. Check the hedge for foreign objects before operation,
e.g., center fences. Take care that the cutting device does
not come in contact with wire or other metal objects.
9. Service on the product must be performed by qualied
repair personnel only. Service or maintenance performed
by unqualied personnel could result in injury to the user
or damage to the product.
10. If the power supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced
only by the manufacturer or by an authorized service
center to avoid risk.
11. Keep all parts of the body away from the cutting blade. Do
not remove cut material or hold material to be cut when
blades are moving. Make sure the switch is o when clearing
jammed material. A moment of inattention while operating
the pole hedge trimmer may result in serious personal injury.
12. Carry the pole hedge trimmer by the handle with the
cutting blade stopped. When transporting or storing
the pole hedge trimmer always keep the blade covered.
Proper handling of the pole hedge trimmer will reduce
possible personal injury from the cutter blades.
13. Do not use the pole hedge trimmer if the switch does not
turn it on and o. Any power tool that cannot be controlled
with the switch is dangerous and must be repaired.
14. Use the pole hedge trimmer and accessories in
accordance with these instructions, taking into account
the working conditions and the work to be performed. Use
of the power tool for operations dierent from intended
use could lead to a hazardous situation.
15. The product should be supplied via a residual current
device (RCD) with a tripping current of not more than
1. Read the instructions carefully. Be familiar with the
controls and the proper use of the product.
2. Never allow people unfamiliar with these instructions or
children to use the product. Local regulations can restrict
the age of the operator.
3. Keep in mind that the operator or user is responsible for
accidents or hazards occurring to other people or their
1. This product can cause serious injuries. Read the
instructions carefully for the correct handling, preparation,
maintenance, starting and stopping of the product.
Become familiar with all controls and the proper use of the
2. Never allow children to use the pole hedge trimmer.
3. Beware of overhead power lines.
4. Never operate the product while people, especially
children, or pets are nearby.
5. Dress properly. Do not wear loose clothing or jewellery,
which can be caught in moving parts. Use of sturdy
gloves, non-skid footwear and safety glasses is
6. Wear eye protection and stout shoes at all times while
operating the product.
7. If the cutting attachment strikes any foreign object or the
product starts making any unusual noise or vibration, shut
o the power source and allow the product to stop.