• Do not direct the jet at yourself or others in order to clean
clothes or footwear.
• Risk of explosion – Do not spray ammable liquids.
• Disconnect the tool – Disconnect from the electrical power
supply before performing any maintenance task.
• Keep children away – This high-pressure electric
power washer must not be used by children or untrained
• To ensure appliance safety, use only original replacement
parts from the manufacturer or those approved by the
mWARNING! Water that has owed through backow
preventers is considered to be non-potable.
mWARNING! During cleaning, maintenance, or when
replacing parts, disconnect the machine from its power source
by removing the plug from the socket outlet.
mWARNING! High-pressure hoses, ttings, and
couplings are important for the safe operation of the appliance.
Use only hoses, ttings, and couplings recommended by the
• Check for damaged parts – Do not use the appliance if
the supply cord or other important parts of the appliance
are damaged (e.g. safety devices, high-pressure hoses,
mWARNING! If an extension cord is used, the plug and
socket must be of watertight construction.
NOTE: It is not recommended to use an extension cord with
this pressure washer.
mWARNING! Inadequate extension cords can be
• This high-pressure electric power washer must not be used
at temperatures below 32ºF (0°C).
mWARNING! Power cords on drums should always be
completely unwound to prevent the cord from overheating.
• Power cord connections should be kept dry and o the
• If the power cord is damaged, do not use the appliance.
Contact your authorized Snow Joe
+ Sun Joe
call the Snow Joe
+ Sun Joe
customer service center at
• Keep the machine on a stable, at surface during operation,
handling, transportation, and storage. Sudden overturn of
the machine can cause bodily injury.
• In the event of an accident or breakdown, switch o the
machine immediately. (If contact with detergent occurs,
rinse with an abundance of clean water.)
ATTENTION: If there are problems with the electrical
MAINS, short voltage drops may appear when starting the
equipment. This can, in turn, inuence other equipment
(e.g. cause a lamp to blink). If the MAINS-IMPEDANCE Zmax
< 0.335 OHM, such disturbances are not expected. (If you
require assistance, contact your local supply authority for
mWARNING! Electrical Shock Hazard – Before starting
up your machine, please check it carefully for any defects.
If you nd any, do not start up your machine. Contact your
authorized Snow Joe
+ Sun Joe
dealer or call the Snow Joe
+ Sun Joe
customer service center at 1-866-SNOWJOE
The following should be observed when connecting the
high-pressure electric power washer to the electric supply:
• The electric supply connection should be performed by a
• The electric supply to this appliance should include either
a residual current device that will interrupt the supply if the
leakage current to the earth exceeds 30 mA for 30 ms or a
device that will interrupt the earth circuit (GFCI).
IMPORTANT: Only use water without any impurities.
If there is a risk of running sand into the inlet water (i.e. from
your own well), an additional lter should be installed.
The unloader valve can reduce pressure if it exceeds preset
values. The spray gun features a locking device. When the lock
is activated, the spray gun cannot be operated.
1. Thermal sensor – A thermal sensor protects the motor
against overloading. The machine will restart after a few
minutes when the thermal sensor has cooled.
2. Double insulation – In a double-insulated appliance, two
systems of insulation are provided instead of grounding.
No grounding means is provided on a double-insulated
appliance, nor should a means for grounding be added
to the appliance. Servicing a double-insulated appliance
requires extreme care and knowledge of the system, and
should be performed only by qualied service personnel at
an authorized Snow Joe
+ Sun Joe
parts for a double-insulated appliance must be identical
to the parts they replace. A double-insulated appliance
is marked with the words “Double Insulation” or “Double
Insulated.” The symbol (square within a square) may
also be marked on the appliance.
3. Ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protection – A
GFCI should be provided on the circuit(s) or outlet(s) to be
used for this pressure washer. Receptacles are available
having built-in GFCI protection and may be used for this
measure of safety.