© 2019 by Snow Joe
All rights reserved. Original instructions.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
A Division of Snow Joe
, LLC Model TJ602E Form No. SJ-TJ602E-880E-MR4
ELECTRIC TILLER + CULTIVATOR
12-INCH | 8-AMP
All Operators Must Read These
Instructions Before Use
Always follow these safety guidelines. Failure to do so may
result in serious bodily injury or death.
General Safety WARNINGS!
You and any other operator of this garden tiller + cultivator
must read, understand, and follow these instructions in their
entirety. Failure to follow these instructions may result in
ELECTRIC SHOCK, FIRE, and/or serious PERSONAL INJURY.
Notice the personal safety alert symbol
m used in this
manual to draw your attention to a WARNING given along
with the particular operating instruction. This means that
the operation requires special ATTENTION, CAUTION, and
1. Keep work area clean and well-lit – Cluttered, dark
areas invite accidents.
2. Replacement parts – When servicing this unit, use only
identical replacement parts. Replace or repair damaged
3. Keep children, bystanders, and pets away – All
spectators, including pets, should be kept a safe distance
away from the work area.
4. Know your product – Know how to start and stop the
machine. Be thoroughly familiar with the controls.
5. Use the right tool – Do not use this machine for any job
except that for which it was intended.
6. Dress properly – Do not wear loose clothing or jewelry as
such articles can become caught in moving parts. Wear
a protective covering to contain long hair. Wearing rubber
gloves and substantial non-slip footwear is recommended
when working outdoors.
7. Extension cords – To prevent electric shock, use only
with an extension cord suitable for outdoor use.
8. Avoid accidental starting – Do not carry the garden tiller
+ cultivator with your nger on the switch. Make sure the
switch is o before plugging in or unplugging the unit.
mCAUTION! Moving parts will continue to run for several
seconds after turning o the machine.
9. Do not abuse the cord – Never carry the garden tiller +
cultivator by the cord or yank the cord to disconnect it
from the receptacle. Keep the cord away from heat, oil,
and sharp edges.
10. Moving parts – Keep hands and feet away from moving
parts. Keep guards in place and in proper working order.
11. Do not force the tool – It will perform better with less
likelihood of personal or mechanical injury if it is used at
the rate for which it was designed.
12. Do not overreach – Keep proper footing and balance at
If the tiller + cultivator strikes a foreign object, follow these
• Stop the electric tiller + cultivator.
• Inspect for damage.
• Repair any damage before restarting and
operating the tool.
13. Use safety glasses – Also use safety footwear, snug-
tting clothing, protective gloves, hearing, and head
14. Disconnect the tool – Disconnect the tiller + cultivator
from the power supply when it is not in use, before
servicing it, when changing accessories, and when
performing any other maintenance task.
15. Store idle tool indoors – When not in use, the tiller +
cultivator should be stored indoors in a dry and high or
locked-up place out of the reach of children.
16. Maintain the tiller + cultivator with care – Keep the
cutting edges sharp and clean for optimal performance
and to reduce the risk of injury. Inspect the extension
cord periodically and immediately replace it if damaged.
Keep the handles dry, clean, and free from oil and grease.
Follow the additional recommendations described in the
maintenance section of this manual.
17. Avoid dangerous environments – Do not use the tiller
+ cultivator in rain or in damp or wet locations. Do not
operate the tiller + cultivator in gaseous or explosive
atmospheres or use the tiller + cultivator near ammable
or combustible liquids. Motors in these tools normally
spark, and the sparks might ignite fumes.
18. Stay alert – Watch what you are doing. Use common
sense. Do not operate the tiller + cultivator when you are
tired or under the inuence of drugs, alcohol, or other